Join our server on Discord

I have my first XBox 360 game
DV85 Wrote:Dead Rising where you play as a photographer in a mall overrun by zombies isn't coming out until next year. Damn.

That one looks like a good game. I've heard people call it "Dynasty Warriors with zombies", though :P
I didn't pre-order it because when I called GameStop about pre-ordering, all the ones near me had already sold out of Launch pre-orders.

And like I said above, if the shortage rumors hold true a lot of the pre-order people aren't guarenteed to get it the Launch Day anyway.

I'll take my shot at Wal-Mart, which like I said above as well...I'm not too worried. I also don't mind the wait one bit, my friend and I have made it tradition to put a line party on any event we can, so this is cake for us. Plus I've already looked into the release at Target, so if I don't get one at Wal-Mart, I'll just wait until the Target by my house opens and I'll almost be guarenteed an X360 because I don't expect too many people to wait from 12am to 8am, on a school/work day. But I also don't underestimate people out there.

As for games getting pushed back, the two I was looking forward to, Elder Scrolls Oblivian and Dead or Alive 4, both got pushed back, to next year, and next month, respectively. So now I'm starting with Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero.
Yeah, I'd be more inclined to go to Target since price doesn't matter, even at Walmart. But I'm waiting for PS3, and even then, I'm not sure if I'll be buying one.
If Target was 24 hours I'd be there for sure because its like 5 minutes away from my house, but since Wal-Mart is open 24 hours I can get my hands on it much sooner, and I need to be able to pick my sister up from the airport which is at the same time as when Target opens.

But if I need to get my X360 from Target, she can wait an extra half hour to be picked up lol .
The Reclaimer Wrote:I didn't pre-order it because when I called GameStop about pre-ordering, all the ones near me had already sold out of Launch pre-orders.

And like I said above, if the shortage rumors hold true a lot of the pre-order people aren't guarenteed to get it the Launch Day anyway.

I dont deal with Gamestop anymore, personally. The employees there are always acting like uptight elitist douchebags who think they're higher than you on the food chain because they can work with games. I used to work there during the x-mas season two years ago, and it was one of the shittiest experiences ever. I think I was just about the only employee who was actually nice to customers, and they dicked me royally on getting hours. Plus, the shortages rumor is a very, very sad truth.
Those fuckers! I just got a call saying that my reserved XBox 360 isn't coming in on the 22nd because of shortages. They said I'll probably get it before Christmas, assholes!
Quote:employees there are always acting like uptight elitist douchebags who think they're higher than you on the food chain because they can work with games.

You noticed that too eh?

Quote:Those fuckers! I just got a call saying that my reserved XBox 360 isn't coming in on the 22nd because of shortages. They said I'll probably get it before Christmas, assholes!

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't reserve it. Hopefully you'll get it before the end of the year, I mean you are at least guarenteed to get it sometime. If I don't get it next week, it'll be a long wait.
Haven't you people heard? Microsoft is causing deliberate shortages of the 360 in order to stimulate demand!

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/11/18/219238&tid=211

They can refute it, but from what you're saying it's probably still true.
Quote:They can refute it, but from what you're saying it's probably still true.

They don't really need to. Besides the fact that they are doing a worldwide release which would use up quite a few units, Sony was shorting on PS2's this year, early. So it's not like its uncommon.

Anyway, I picked up Perfect Dark Zero today. Target had all sorts of accesories too, but nothing I was interested in.

Now I just need the system and I'm set.
Quote:I dont deal with Gamestop anymore, personally. The employees there are always acting like uptight elitist douchebags who think they're higher than you on the food chain because they can work with games. I used to work there during the x-mas season two years ago, and it was one of the shittiest experiences ever. I think I was just about the only employee who was actually nice to customers, and they dicked me royally on getting hours.

The People at Gamestop are also uneducated. I went there one time asking for the Documentary of Metal Gear Solid 2 that I had saw in there a couple of days ago and this one guy kept on telling me there was no such thing and he was giving me that "You are a Dumbass" look. And then this other time I was buying a used game and I asked about the little booklet and the guy behind the counter told me that they throw those out and I was like, "WHY!!!"

Quote:Plus, the shortages rumor is a very, very sad truth.

With the way my funds are by the time I can afford the Xbox 360 (the whole one, not the core system) hopefully the hype will have gone down and there'll more on the selves.