Join our server on Discord

DaD - Now what?
Soni? That was the original funding idea, but we would have used a group instead of one individual. But it was either you or Wisemon or Anonmon or SOMEONE that said that "nobody would just step in and help," and we should get another idea.

And I'm not talking about just art. I mean something DIFFERENT. We already have art and lemons and all that. For instance, I was actually brainstorming that question a while ago. What could we put up that people would want to be a part of? I thought maybe a club or somethhing would do. My first thought was a controlled RPG group. We host new situations each week, and put them in kind of a network of RPG stories. Users select from the list of storylines and join in the RPG. We can charge 3 bucks a month to be a part of it.

But then I remembered that we have an RPG portion of this forum.

But my point is, BESIDES the art and lemons and stuff we have already. Artists and authors do not have to do anything. The auction idea was just something for the side, in case we needed more money. We should come up with a few of those, just in case.
A funding group is a good idea, and I'm too lazy to go back through the thread and find if it was Wise or Soni who said it wasn't. Whatever. I just remember accepting it when they said it.

Soni, does that comment about Red Rover auctioning a lemon imply or give any measure of probability that we'll someday see the end of End Game: Fated Circle?
We've come up with stuff, but we're flip-flopping around and getting confused. So let's start over with what we have.

The original idea was a funding group--a group of people to chip in together to pay for the website. Good idea or bad idea, and why? Let's take care of this and get organized before anything else.

Good idea - 0
Bad idea - 0

We'll tally up all the votes for good or bad, then repeat it with what's left until we have something.
How about we open some kind of paypal account or something, and have someone we can fully trust in charge of it who can take care of donations and paying off the host server each month?
One person in charge of sending the received money from the funding group and donations to the hosting company, or one person in charge of paying the whole thing (with the aid of donations)? Because the latter might get a little hectic for one person, and it may not be easy to find people to help. If you meant the first thing, that's probably a good idea.
We can keep this a free site. At $15 per month, I'm for the funding board idea. I'll cover $5.00 to $7.50 by PayPal (for ethical reasons, I probably shouldn't cover more than half), to whomever is made the treasurer (another job I don't have time for), and anyone else who wants to contribute can once the address is made known.

https://www.paypal.com/
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Oh... wow... forgot about all this for a while there.

Paysites and paysections are baaaaaad.
Auctions and donation drives are anoooooying.

So, ditto what Wisemon said there: just let it survive off donations from some regularish-people + any that can be guilted out of random lurkers to keep in the jar for the next money crisis. If somebody [trustworthy] sets up a donation account I'll glady put down a tick in my organizer to remind me to send 5$ each month.

(p.s. I think the updater guy should probably take down some addresses for several meek underling slaves to be called upon in the very likely chance that he gets overloaded; delegation for fun and profit!)
*shrugs* Well, whatever. I'm sure you guys will come up with something brilliant and I could very easily be wrong. Good luck, hope it works out.
Soni
Thanks for your faith in us all, Soni! :P

Well, alright, we have the idea for a funding group and Wisemon's generous pledge of up to $7.50, and it seems that the majority of us would be for it. So alright. Now we need to find several people to be on the funding board, and one person to be treasurer. The funding board members would be helping regularly to pay for the site, I believe. We need something regular and solid, not something that can change at anytime, bbecause that could get us in trouble.

Any takers?
Is it too late to vote for the funding board idea?

I'd rather have a job working with the website aspects than the funding board.

Once I can get a PayPal account and all, though, you can expect donations from me.