Join our server on Discord

These are the best years of my life?!
Okay so here I am, 21 year old male and never had a job in my damn life.

Yeah that sounds bad but there's a reason for it. See there always needs to be someone to take care of my grandmother. Not that she needs 24/7 care mind you, it's just that all the 'full adults' are so damn paranoid!

Basically all I do is a few houshold chores and play with/clean up after the family dogs, all the family dogs, some of them commute. Not so bad of a gig right? Sure on paper it's not so bad but I feel like a DAMN MOOCH!!!

Then there's the bigot factor that comes factory installed in many grandparents... You know how there's just about someone in everybody's life that almost routinely says something beyond moronic and you'd love to tell them off but if you did you'd fuck yourself? Welcome friends, the drinks are on me!

Anyway I recently got a silver lining, my mother couldn't take the BS at her job anymore and offered to switch places with me if I could get a job of my own. Of course I jumped this like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat. Well here I am three weeks later and guess what? Nada, zip, ziltch, diddly squat, not a sasuage. Not that I'm giving up hope...yet. But you know when you get that feeling that the shit's gonna hit the fan? Oh yes, the spidey sense is goin' off like no tomorrow and I see my window of opportunity quickly closing and being sealed shut with gaudy pastel paint.

Do I sound bitter? You bet your sweet bippy. Thing is I've never had much of a personal life out in the real world and honestly never really wanted one. Hell I feel closer to some of you than people I know in my so called disconnected reality. I don't party, especially don't drink since I've got alcaholics on both sides of the family tree and there's no way I'm tempting the sleeping dog to bite me on the ass.

Now with the exception of my younger brother (8 years my junior) I don't really get along with my family (or people for that matter.) I'm a stubborn jackass, I know but so are they, which makes friendly relations damn near impossible. See all my income comes from the rest of my dysfunctional clan which of course makes me gnash my teeth in frustration. Now I don't mind so much having to take care of a lot of things but when the rest of the family comes over and expects me to play host and whatnot it pisses me off. and of course the usual response to bringing it up is, "You don't work, shut your hole!" As if I'm sitting around all day with my thumb up my ass. :roll: Some people just can't accept that keeping a house clean with three dogs, four kids (ages 4 to 6) running around every afternoon and the traffic of a convieniance store is hard work.

My grandmother is a doormat, she believes that her whole purpose in life is to 'help out family' and doesn't see how she's being taken advantage of no matter how many times you try to confront her with it.

Okay so I've got my fan set up and the shit's comin' over the horizon, slowly but surely and I'll try my best not to be standing too close when it arrives.

Sigh, actually I feel a lot better now. Anyone who bothered to read this far thanks for hearin' me out, it helps.

Messages In This Thread
These are the best years of my life?! - by Cyber Stryker - 05-27-2004, 10:28 AM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 05-27-2004, 02:50 PM
[No subject] - by Cyber Stryker - 05-27-2004, 08:12 PM
[No subject] - by Cyber Stryker - 07-01-2004, 05:05 PM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 07-01-2004, 05:26 PM
[No subject] - by BlackBlade - 07-01-2004, 10:50 PM
[No subject] - by UnknownH - 07-02-2004, 02:23 PM
[No subject] - by RaZhar - 07-03-2004, 05:40 PM
[No subject] - by Cyber Stryker - 07-04-2004, 08:14 AM
[No subject] - by Cyber Stryker - 08-04-2004, 02:48 PM
[No subject] - by UnknownH - 08-05-2004, 03:22 PM