Join our server on Discord

Why does most of women's lib fit into these two main groups?
I guess I can stop wondering why there aren't (so m)any girls on this board.

Saying "why do most women's lib fit into one of two groups?" is kind of a loaded question. That's like saying "why do most black people either act all violent all the time or get offended if you joke around with them by speaking ebonics?" Or "why are all gay guys really effeminant or super butch?" Stereotypes. Stereotypes. Stereotypes. Sure you've at least had a few experiences so you're not just pulling examples out of your butts, but I think it's a little too much to expect every girl to think of what she's doing in political/feminist terms. It's easy to critique someone's actions in any way you wish, but I seriously doubt that most females are constantly conscious of their behavior and/or want to be classififed as feminists. They're just people like us (I think) who want love, and sex, and money, and to just put their feet up after a long hard day.

In the end, it's all in how you define these terms. I've never heard anyone describe feminism as the belief that women are better than men. If anything, all I've ever felt it was associated with is equality. Equality in the workplace, equality in the family, equality in society. I'm a big believer in that, and no, it's not just because I want to get laid. Yeah, guys can be feminists too and it doesn't mean that they're just looking to pick up girls at a rally.

I think that any intelligent girl, be she a feminist or not, would understand that there's nothing wrong with letting a guy open a door for them, and that there's nothing wrong with accepting a seat if someone offers them one. If they don't want to, they can definitely find nicer ways of saying no. That girl sounds more like a plain old bitch than a feminist to me.

Angeteen Wrote:Personally, I wouldn't mind if it was to be treated as equals, but unfortunately that's not the way it is. I believe that most of these feminists and women's lib want it so as to either get all the benefits without having to do any of the other stuff that comes with it i.e. manual labor, or they want it simply because they believe that all men are pigs and want to parade around as if they are superior in every other way to them.

They want it in the way where it would favor them the most even though that the particular method to do so would actually place them on better terms than most other men.

Well, if you believe that manual labor (and physical strength) should define who gets more rights in this world, then I guess you're right, but I don't think that's how it should be.

I don't understand how women want to "parade around as if they are superior to men". This isn't some "girls vs. boys" contest -- nobody in the world thinks of it that way.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by urban dream - 01-02-2004, 09:54 AM
[No subject] - by zarima: angel of blood - 01-02-2004, 10:56 AM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 01-02-2004, 03:15 PM
[No subject] - by Angeteen - 01-03-2004, 12:39 AM
[No subject] - by milk me! - 01-03-2004, 02:03 AM
[No subject] - by SaberGatomon - 01-03-2004, 03:28 AM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 01-03-2004, 04:46 AM
[No subject] - by urban dream - 01-03-2004, 06:22 AM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 01-03-2004, 03:12 PM
[No subject] - by urban dream - 01-03-2004, 06:16 PM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 01-04-2004, 10:17 AM