Join our server on Discord

ARGH!
urban dream Wrote:Of course, the difference between your topics and -- let's stick to the example -- Prophet's is that his keep coming back up again because people post in them again. Well, this isn't because everybody hates you and wants to kill your topics. The real reasons are:

One -- Prophet often updates his topics and adds more art to them, which obviously keeps the interest up.
Two -- I know it's been said before, but to my knowledge all your stuff is non-digimon, which makes it a little more difficult to get comments on a digi-hentai board.
Three -- I just don't think you're as good as Prophet. Please don't take offense, but that's my honest opinion. His drawings look really cool and professional, yours still have a somewhat amateurish touch to them. And I usually keep my mouth shut about art I don't really like all that much, because I've got nothing constructive or encouraging to say. And I guess I'm not the only one. Sorry if you didn't want to hear that, but that's my opinion.

This is an unfair assessment. I've avoided doing Digimon stuff because I have not been inspired to do any, and work without inspiration, in my experience, produces crap results. And besides, plenty of other artists here are doing non-digimon work and getting comments. I would leave this forum, and have contemplated leaving on several occasions, except that the DaD has been, lack of comments aside, the best forum that I can find.

Also, I used to post new work quite frequently. This is no longer true however, because, simply put, I do not receive enough encouragement to post new stuff. And you have to understand, encouragement - or, at the very least, some kind of reaction - is important, because the artwork doesn't appear out of thin air. It takes time and effort to draw the picture, plus scanning it, plus doctoring the pic, and uploading it to a host (never mind the occasional process of finding backup hosts, since hosts are seldom kind to hentai artists). And if there's no reaction at all, then it's a waste. Why do you think Hitler quit painting and took up ethnic cleansing?

And as for my art simply being amateurish... Well, I'm not going to argue that I'm better than Prophet. I doubt that I ever could be. He has more talent, better doctoring software, and better materials. I don't ask that anyone say that I'm better than Prophet, or any other artist on this board. I don't ask to be placed at the top of the forum. I don't even ask that anyone call my stuff good. All I'm asking of folks here is that I get the same respect as any other artist here, in the form of comments. I am tired of posting here and just being shrugged off because my stuff is different, or because it's not hardcore or whatever the hell people don't like about it. Hell, if I actually knew what people didn't like about it, I would be able to improve the artwork.

Messages In This Thread
ARGH! - by Gnostic Metatron Prime - 12-01-2003, 02:47 PM
[No subject] - by urban dream - 12-01-2003, 10:36 PM
[No subject] - by Gnostic Metatron Prime - 12-02-2003, 10:36 AM
[No subject] - by urban dream - 12-04-2003, 03:06 AM
[No subject] - by Gnostic Metatron Prime - 12-04-2003, 10:35 AM