Join our server on Discord

DaD - Now what?
Sonimon Wrote:You know what's really weird about this whole thing? The entire volunteer squad is made up almost entirely of new people. I mean, you'd think all of the DaD old guard would be clammering at the chance to help out, but it's the people most likely to be referred to as "newbs" who're coming to the site's rescue.
Soni

Im not a noob :) ive known the site for a year i think but when i read about the prob i just had to offer something.
same here, know about this place for ages, but never signed up for the board cause there was no need.

Now this site is in trouble, and needs help and we can't just be bistanders cause the site won't survive if we do.
I've known about biology for a long time, but I don't know biology until I've taken some courses. You guys are new to the board whether you've known about it for a long time or not. My point is, there used to be a whole bunch of DaDers who were active board and site contributers who seem to have vanished. Now the people who are here to help are those who've never spoken out before at all and it just seems weird. Plus, the list of volunteers is basically what Chibi said he WASN'T looking for: unfamiliar faces. I mean Da_WOLFE and Wisemon are the most familiar ones here because Wolfe's an author and Wisemon's an active poster and author. I don't know if Chibi's liking the list so far since he was looking for someone he can trust. Has anyone actually SENT him this list? I mean, if he doesn't approve, there isn't really any point in pursuing more funding board members or handing out responsibilities.
Soni
Constantly talking down to this board is not going to help the situation. So what if they're not as well known? We were all new at one point or another. Maybe it's time to stop being so goddamn elite and actually let some new blood into the system. If they can handle it and are competent enough to run the site, while being trustworthy, I say let them. We should probably have at least one alumni member on hand just to keep tabs and see that things are going okay.
Mmmm, I came here after a long while to see if the problem had solved, but it seems that....Anyway, I do wanna make a contribution. I can't pay any money, but I can do requested pics. Asking for 15 dollars a pic is fine (I've seen artists with lower skills that ask for that amount), not 5 like some slavedriver mentioned somewhere. I can draw practically anything, with my style, Digimon's or whichever. I could do 6 requests a year, which would cover half of the year installments.
What I do need for this is sb trustworthy who receives the money for me (I don't have a credit card) so when he gets the money he tells me and I start to draw. Oh yeah, and I can also do updates, or administrate too. There. That's all I can do.
.......well, when you're right, you're right. I'm sorry, Boss. My bad.
Soni
Wisemon Wrote:In that case, since you're trustworthy, why don't you take the treasurer job. We'll send the funds to you, and you can send them to the host.
I wuld but
Quote:I'd do it myself, but I don't want it traced back to me.
You did say it best. Sorry.
Da_WOLFE Wrote:Administrator
Gucchi
Updater - one of:
Da_WOLFE
Kousu
Funding Board - all of:
Wisemon - $7.50
Kousu - -$5.063292
senjuro - $4.23
Treasurer
senjuro

Kousu, it would be great if we could get a more definite figure from you.
[. . .]
senjuro, you offered $5.00 in Canadian Dollars. I converted it to U.S. Dollars, and that's $4.23, just so you know (if you didn't already).

Mine is canadian too, btw, however I can pitch in an extra dollar because
Quote:6 US$ CAD = 5.063292 U.S. Dollars
So, to recap: 6CAD from me.

Okay, so now that we're good, let's get things happening. Wolfe, send the list to ChibiRenamon and get him to come here and tell us what to do. We've got a treasurer, he just has to be told how to pay the host, then give out his paypal address to Wolfe and me :!:
Alright! It's time to end this thing! As Soni said, for now, we need to stop pursuing helpers and send ChibiRenamon what we have! I'm going to e-mail this list to him as soon as I can get a more definite figure from Kousu on what he can pay. Right now, we need basic helpers just to get the place started again:

Funding board
Treasurer
Updater/Site Administrator

For funding board, we have: Wisemon with $7.50 monthly, Kousu with $5.06, Zephyr with periodical donations, and senjuro with $5.00 CAD ($4.23 USD). For treasurer, we have senjuro. For updaters/site administrators, we have yours truly :D , Gucchi (though his i-net connection is slow), Zephyr, and Kousu.

This is the list I'm sending to Chibi Renamon!

If ChibiRenamon does not approve some of the helpers, we will just keep looking for that particular position until we get someone.

Also, we need a board administrator to run this forum.

Thank you very much, Kousu, and all others who are volunteering to help!

Kous_u Wrote:We've got a treasurer, he just has to be told how to pay the host, then give out his paypal address to Wolfe and me :!:

lol, I probably won't need his PayPal, unless I get the job as updater! :P
If you're still gravy with me being treasurer, I propose setting up a separate Paypal account. That way money goes in and comes out without getting tangled up in my own private money.

Anyway, I'd still like to do the job, but I guess ultimately it's up to the powers that be on this site. Just once again stating my intentions to help out.