Join our server on Discord

DrakeZero/DMX RP (Dead Space)
Drake nodded, "If your not one of those freaks, come out slowly with your hands up. We are miners from the Ageis 7 tunnels." he commanded hoping whoever was hiding beside the vents would show up.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Michael gulped, hoping his assumption had been right as he pointed with his cutter on Drake's side to assist him with more flashlight. The open vent soon sported a human face.

"Who... are you not... one of those things...?" the man said. It was a pale-looking young one dressed in engineer clothes.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"No....and we don't like having fans being fired at us." he said keeping his rifle aimed on the engineer. "Is that him?" he asked Michael.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"No," Michael shook his head, shaking his head for a negative. He lowered his guard and followed Drake to meet with the guy beyond the vent.

"My name is Marcus Freeman, I'm sorry for having attacked you, I'm doing the rounds here to protect the few survivors that are left alive in the shelter. These things like popping out of vents, so patroling them is foundamental," he nodded, jumping out of the vent to greet Michael and Drake.

"I'm Michael Williams, he's Drake . Like we said we're miners from tunnel Beta09 and,"

"...Williams...?" Marcus interrupted, "Did you say Williams?"

Michael blinked in surprise, "Do I know you?"

"No, but I might know someone who does," Marcus folded his arms, the helmetless man appeared to be sizing up Michael, apparently forgetting about Drake, "You better come with me."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Drake pushed the gun into the man. "Don't forget who has the gun here. So if your leading me and my friend into a trap then I promise you'll regret it." he smirked under his helmet. "Just to make that clear." Drake didn't like this guy, the way he stood, his mannerisms, it reeked with someone up to no good. "Let's go to this shelter."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"Calm down, I already said it was a mistake," Freeman held up his hands in defense. Michael was wary of this man too, but he had mentioned someone who could know him. Maybe another Williams...? Maybe... Jeremy...?

Freeman guided both of them into the ducts and then as they walked, Freeman continued talking: "You are really lucky, you know. We tried sending a distress signal to everyone in this system, but so far the only two miners we've found are you two. Just how did you manage to stay alive for this long?" he asked Drake.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"Luck, I guess." Drake replied as he thought about the other miners and Janet. "We found one woman, but she killed herself after I kept asking her what had happened." He turned to Freeman, "Do you know what the hell is going on?"
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"We don't know a lot about what's going on, all we know is that it started here, in this building," Freeman turned back briefly to tell them, making Michael stop walking.

"That's something I've been asking myself ever since you threw that fan at us, why haven't you fled yet?" Michael asked, blinking, "These things can't be negotiated with, every times a person dies, they gain a new soldier. Why would you and the survivors risk it by staying here? Haven't you,"

Freeman interrupted boldly, "You talk a lot, don't you?" he sighed and shook his head, "I'm sorry. We're all on edge. What you saw was probably acute delirium caused by all this sudden mess. We've all lost friends, relatives, and there are children and even babies in the shelter, and they'll never be able to see their parents again. It actually is better if they wouldn't ever see them again," he sighed.

Michael took the explanation roughly. These creatures were really just killing machines. They probably didn't discriminate when killing, and more likely, infecting. He got nauseous and disgusted each time he'd think of what they'd eventually find, but then again, the day had been outright weird. Nothing would be able to surprise him anymore now.

(Shelter)

When they entered, the place was a large cube. Every entrance was tappered up with just about anything: Wood, steel rods, some lockers even placed in front of them, with teams of two to guard the entrance to what seemed to be a former office. There were no fewer than 30 colonists, some of them being scientists, others being engineers, security guards and then some common people. The place was surely cluttered but it was spacious. Children were being kept in a few stasis pods for sleep and nurturing, while the stronger adults were able to sustain themselves with whatever food they had salvaged. It was a deplorable look.

"And I thought misery villages back in Earth were sad..."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"I would agree." Suddenly Drake felt the muzzle of a pistol pressed into his neck. "Fuck..." he uttered as someone from behind grabbed his rifle.

"Move and I'll blow your head off." the guard said as he reached for Drake's cutter too. The other guards doing the same to Michael.

"I've got this ones weapons too, Steve." the other guard motioned holding Michael's cutter and mod in his hands.

"Good, Freeman you alright?" he asked turning Drake around.

"Figured we were being lured by crazy scum." Steve hit Drake's back causing the miner to stagger to his knee as he grunted from the hit.

"Can-it you prick. Remove your helmets now."Steve commanded.

"Why? You want me to spit on you?" Drake chuckled before getting kicked again.
"I said take off your mask now!" Steve yelled as he was cocking his rifle before Drake got up and pulled out the laser scalpel out of his pouch and pressed it near Steve's neck.

"When you search me, do a good job of it." Drake sneered. The other guards moved in from behind and Drake turned with Steve in his grasps. "Move close to me, and this guy gets another hole. Let my friend go now."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"Hey, what-tha?!" Michael groaned, his arms being tied behind his back as he was disarmed, he saw Drake being immobilized but then made a sudden comeback, "Grr! Damnit, leggo!" he groaned to the guards, but Michael was weaker physically, in comparison to Drake. He wasn't able to shake two guards holding him down.

Freeman smiled to Drake, "You do not need to resist, Mr. Vaughan. We are all but humble heralds of the Hive Mind," he explained, both his hands joined in a pacifist manner, "You two have proven that you can assist us gather quality people to help the Hive Mind to evolve to its full potential, and then, it can show us the way. The way to immortality, like the Church has always promised us."

"Unitologists..." Michael whispered, "Wait. Immortality? You mean those monsters?!"

"Ah. The unworthy, yes, I'm afraid those must be disposed of. The Hive Mind only selects us from a few, and as incompetent ones are discarded, the strong ones will persevere as the muscle of the Hive Mind, if you follow," Freeman continued. Then he looked towards Steve and glared at him, "I'm afraid that you've shown the Hive Mind cannot make a herald out of you no more. You know what that means," he nodded towards Steve and Drake's laser pick.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad