Join our server on Discord

DrakeZero/DMX RP (Dead Space)
This rp is only to be used by myself and DMX.

Character:

Name: Drake Vaughan
Sex: Male
Height: 6-0
Hair: short black with stubbles
Eye color: Blue

Bio: Coming from a family of a long time of miners, Drake has continued the traditions. His father was killed in a mining accident and his mother recently passed away due to a rare disease thus he has been working double shifts avoiding his personal life. He doesn't have many friends, but will often joke around with the other guys. Even to the point playing practical jokes on his superior officers. He is very tech savy but had on occasion blew up a few projects due to his overenthusiastic nature. He has traveled to Aegis 7 because of the high pay it brings.

(Ageis 7 Mine shaft)

Drake glanced at his sandwich for a moment, the taste of tuna filling his mouth, but it seemed off in a way. Did he let the dam stuff go bad again? He looked up from his perch in the mine shaft down to his friend who was enjoying his lunch as well. "Hey, tell me if this is off." he called down tossing a small piece of his sandwich down to his buddy. As he waited he looked around the shaft. It was a new tunnel they had dug not to long ago as the scanners showed a rich deposit of platinum and palladium, but he wondered what they found in the other tunnel that got all these scientists buzzing around for. Bunch of pencil pushers that never dug in the dirt in their life, and felt they knew more then they did.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
OOC:

Name: Michael Williams.
Sex: Male.
Height: 5-9.
Hair: Short brown, sort of spiky.
Eye color: Blue.

Bio: An earnest young man that received honors in engineering back in Earth, and despite this he's been looking for a job for months. His first dig was a practise on a planet inside the system next to Aegis 7's. His older brother, an accomplished scientist, had been working in the colony to further studies about an artifact believed to be of alien nature and upon receiving notice of his younger sibling's voyage, forms were filled and strings were pulled so Michael would be stationed in Aegis 7. Unfortunately, his class wasn't tampered with and though his rookie services would first have to be as a Miner.

IC:

"Ugh," Michael turned away from the tuna sandwich Drake had shown him almost instantly, prefering much so his cheeseburger that had been carried inside an thermic aluminium pack from the cafeteria, "Are you sure they didn't mistake tuna sandwich with corpse burger?" he subtly asked as he closed an eye and held his free hand on his face, pressing his fingers on his nose to make emphasis on the stench. Michael blinked as his RIG suit did the same, a few lights on his chest plate lighting up as a holo-comm appeared, showing the cinematic picture of someone he had never seen in Aegis 7 before.

The young man, maybe 21 Michael guessed, was wearing a cap and from what it could be seen he was holding a large box labeled "Aegis 7 Team Beta 9", "Yeah, you guys Beta 9? I've a package for highly advanced mining tools, the belated one we apparently never delivered," he said in a mocking tone, making a face. "Anyway, come to the colony's cargo hold. Ship's on the left hangar. Out."

And with that simple message, the holo-display disappeared. Michael looked flustered. "About time," he grunted, looking up at Drake with dismay, "I sometimes think the higher-ups are having fun trying to cut our salary because they don't keep their delivery boys on edge."
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Drake looked at the rest of the tuna and shrugged. "Meh can't let it go to waste." he replied as he ate. He heard the audible beep from Micheal's rig as an incoming message was being broadcast. He couldn't see the images but from his sitting area he could hear it. "You know it's prohibited to access the security cameras." he smirked, not really one for the rules himself.

"Wouldn't surprise me about the higher ups." he remarked as he grabbed his RIG helmet and placed it over his head. "I swear they cut my salary by 100 creds last week. "New taxes" Bullshit I say." he complained as he hopped down from his perch.

'Anyways, let's get going. Lunch break is over, and I imagine Officer Ass crack will want a update report on the tunnels."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"Good point," said Michael as he followed his superior and quickly put his RIG helmet on, quickly walking with Drake out of their work place.

Outside, Michael put a palm over his visor to look over the horizon, the sun's rays bathing them with light, "I can't believe how much time we spend down there," he suddenly said, "It does hell do me when I get so much sunlight this hard all of a sudden," he grunted, shaking his head while looking at Drake, "I was supposed to be working in tech, you know," he bargained with a small laugh, walking beside his partner towards the cargo bay. "By the way. I've seen those things," he then said, grinning under his helmet.

"New stuff. Plasma Cutters!" Michael continued gleefully, "They are powerful, dude. And they've this cool function to auto-shift the direction of the laser, up to a complete ninety-degrees! No need to carry two old ones at the same time anymore, huh?!" he chuckled.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"You get used to it." he added admiring the sun. "Being down in darkness for so long you start to forget when one day ends and the other starts I find." Drake tapped his helmet to see if his com link system was still up. It was a common practice as the dust could ruin the electronics easily.

He nodded as he listen to Micheal go on about the new equipment.
"I bet you get a hard-on when you hear about all that new stuff that comes through." he chuckled slightly,
"I admit it sounds impressive. It would cut down mining time down, less risk of accidents and such. That's if we even get the new tools. They might give them off to the miners that kiss the boss's ass all the time."

They approached the cargo bay as tons of minerals were being ready to ship out. Drake approached a person who stood next to the shipping clerk. The man's back was turned away from Drake but he could tell it was the man he seeked and dread at the same time. The overweight officer his pants slightly drifting down showing a clear top view of his butt. Kind of how he got his nickname "Ass crack" in more ways then one.

"Feel a slight breeze sir?" Drake said causing the bottom heavy officer to turn and pull his pants up. "Oh great you." Rick Bottom spoke. His face frowned as he eyed Drake.

"I aim to please sir."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"Oh, haha, very funny," Michael made a face, probably invisible thanks to his helmet, as he waved his hands skeptically to Drake's joke, then caught up with him, "Everyone has them already, we should get them too, if that cargo's alright!" he smiled.

(Cargo Bay)

"Yo, uh..." Michael whispered to his work mate, "Why you picking on him? He could fire us," he said, rubbing behind his head as he looked left and right for something else to focus rather than the morbidly obese officer.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Drake waved his hand to his subordinate as he was having fun at the officer's expense.

"Report!" Rick barked, his patience was already thin and even thinner from Drake's remarks about his pants. Was it so hard for the company to supply the proper size pants.

"Yes sir, tunnel 4 has reached depth levels of 200 ft as warranted by the report. We found a good palladium deposit there. As for Tunnel 3, we have run into a few issues."

"Issues?" Bottom rose a brow, "What kind?"

"Mechanical, we have reached a deadhop or as you might know a hard rock surface."
"I know what a deadhop is!" Bottom interrupted. "Use explosive then."
"Uhm afraid not sir, the tunnel would collapse then."

The officer ran his head over his sweat covered brow. "Then out with it what do you need?"
Drake smiled and winked to Micheal, "Well it's my understanding we have just received the new prototype cutters. I imagine those would be useful for me and my partner on the tunnel."

"I see....fine you may have them, but if you break them I'll have explosive tied to your ass to blow that deadhop, understand?"

"Perfectly, thank you sir." he saluted.

"And you....uhm.....Micheal." Rick scoffed as he adjusted his hat. "If I were you I would find another partner that won't get you in trouble."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"You always make him angry, don't you?" Michael scoffed lowly, his eyes following the officer as he left them. Turning his attention completely back to his partner though, he adressed: "It'd be nice to actually get to work with explosives. I'm good at that stuff," he claimed with a smile.

As they walked to the cargo, Michael respectfully offered to take care of the remaining papers, leaving Drake to inspect the cargo. He became engrossed with a few details.

Suddenly, a violent scream could be heard in the distance, followed by an enormous racket back at the colony. It was reaching even far enough to be quite audible for everyone at the cargo bay.

Michael dropped his stuff, turning his head around as the screams sent a chill down his spine. He immediately looked towards Drake, "D-did you hear that?!" he gasped, exchanging looks with him and then turned to look at the delivery boy, who shrugged.

"They don't pay me for wasting time in this place. Probably some work-related accident," he said.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Drake scoffed at the delivery boy's comments. "So much for the slogan on the posters they give. "Become a miner, it's safer. God dam lazy buggers. Come on Micheal, let's check it out."

"Hey you can't leave your posting!" Bottom shouted as the two ran passed.

"Sorry what did you say? I can leave to check it out? Okay sir I will!" Drake chuckled as the two got closer to the colony. "It could be another one of those pencil pushers lost on the way to the mine, but that scream didn't sound like a "Oops, I put my hand in a drill component."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
"It's Michael, "Mai-keil"" the younger miner said, not actually angry at Drake since it hadn't been more than two days since they had met. Rushing past their superior as Drake ran. He didn't even know why he was doing it, but his curiosity had gotten the best of him. Plus, it was high time something excited happened in Aegis 7.

As Michael and Drake approached the colony, a few blasts became more than visible as they happened all across the buildings and facilities. Someone or something was attacking them.

"What the hell's happening here, Drake?!" Michael shouted, unaware that neither of them could even begin to comprehend the situation fate had decided to throw them in.

(Several minutes earlier, in the Research Laboratories)

"It's... it's incredible!" one of the researches boomed as he watched through the glass. He and two others had been observing in clear astonishment as the corpses of their former co-workers convulsed and spasmed violently, apparently changing forms to suit an entirely new shape and body. One of the scientists had completely lost his former human shape, instead looking quite more like a flesh-made white bat with some sort of probsobic tentacle protuding from its back. As for his fellow mutant, it appeared as though he had lost his lower torso whilst his transformation.

The second mutant's lower half had been missing its legs, not only that, but it appeared as though the split hadn't been accidental nor situational, but rather completely intended. The scientist's spine seemed to be completely unharmed, but the observes were granted with the image of it elongating and turning into some sort of extremely sharp boney appendage. As the scientist's jaw dislocated and split apart, revealing a pointy tongue, it hissed to the scientists; one of them fainted due to the gross sight, and another nearly did but managed to scream as the scorpion-like creature looked up and crashed past the ventilation system. "IT'S GOING TO THE VENTS! END RECORDING!"
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad