Join our server on Discord

teachers
if you were home schooled, then it would be the state,your mom, or your dad on your ass all the time. accully, Harie, i was thinking of other places as well...
Veemon's Followers
Okay, okay, I'll back off a bit... I seem to going nowhere with my comments.
Blue Rover Wrote:if you were home schooled, then it would be the state,your mom, or your dad on your ass all the time. accully, Harie, i was thinking of other places as well...

Nobody is on my ass any of the time.
well i could be wrong
Veemon's Followers
You were.
Quote:if you were home schooled, then it would be the state,your mom, or your dad on your ass all the time. accully, Harie, i was thinking of other places as well...
No, that's not the problem with home schooling. The problem with home schooling is that you have to have parents who know as much as teachers, and who are actually teaching stuff correctly. Because parents don't have to go through certification processes, they can get away with telling their kids stuff like, "The sky is blue because God barfed up his Icee," and nobody can stop them.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Once again, a schooler attempts to speak about homeschooling and is wrong. We have books, trips, classes (for a very few things), and life to teach me. A parent who can be a teacher is completely unnecessary, not in the least because most of the so-called "work" of teaching is in holding and controlling an unwilling 30 students who've been involuntarily confined into a nasty building.

To be brief, most of the "job" of teaching is actually the job of slave-driving.

Insert obligatory Pink Floyd reference here, because they were exactly right in that song.
Quote:A parent who can be a teacher is completely unnecessary, not in the least because most of the so-called "work" of teaching is in holding and controlling an unwilling 30 students who've been involuntarily confined into a nasty building.
Huh? So you're saying that home schooling works better with just textbooks and internet and no parents/teachers?
I know that you saw me.
For some it doesn't, for me it does. Homeschooling works best when individualized to the learner, and I learn best without bloated lesson plans.

I also mentioned field trips and extracurriculars. Both are essential, even for someone like me.

BTW, anyone here have an opinion of Aikido?
Quote:BTW, anyone here have an opinion of Aikido?
My jukido instructor says aikido is impractical for self-defense because it assumes that the person being thrown will hang on, and it allows for telegraphing, and it's completely useless on the ground.
I know that you saw me.