Join our server on Discord

I hope I don't look as bad as I feel...
Yesterday I got my top two wisdom teeth removed. The procedure was alright, I was pretty out of it from the gas and novocaine, but now...

My whole face is swollen and red, especially around my jaw. I can barely open my mouth because it causes searing pain. Eating or drinking anything irritates the stitches on my gums. And when I do eat, I end up puking it up after about ten minutes because the perscription pain killers and anti-biotics I'm taking upset my stomach. Speaking of, the painkillers don't do shit, and just make me feel queasy. So for the past two days the only thing I've really eaten has been blood, as my gums are bleeding worse than Ted Kennedy's liver right now, and I've ran out of gauze to quench the flow.

So I'm peachy fucking keen right now, and to top it off I have to go back this coming Thursday to get the stitches removed, and that's right when school resumes.

Yay for me...

Just needed to vent a little :?
Damn, doesn't that just sound wonderful...

Still have my wisdom teeth. Never bothered me at all.

Hope you feel better soon. Sleep would probably help if you can.
Jebus Cripes! When dental surgery gets that bad, you should do something!

I know, because a friend of mine got a rot canal not too far back (shudders) and he didn't feel a thing after the operation. In fact his dental surgeon (Who is actually MY dental surgeon, but he's so damned good, I reccomended him to my friend) told him "If you feel ANY pain at all, take one of these immediately" (hands him non-prescription painkillers) "and contact me"
Okay, I admit, my dental surgeon is especially good at what he does, and root canals are suppsed to twinge a little after the surgery (I'm told this is an understatement) But still, dude, your mouth/stomach shouldn't be that fucked up after a wisdom tooth removal. Do something NOW! Like, right after you read this kinda NOW!
Yes, it sounds like something is especially wrong.

I had my wisdom teeth out and there was hardly any bleeding. Also, the pain was not nerly as horrible as you are describing. I think they might give you different pain killers too if these are making you feel ill.

What did they give you, Vikadin? Try taking some aspirin for now. They are easier to take, and they will reduce the swelling.
Well, it might just be that you haven't brushed right, so your gums are weak. And the painkillers, probably just a alergic reaction. I hardly believe that your surgery was botched, because, hey, he was around for this long!
Yep. I had that operation too. I didn't have it as bad as you, though, considering that I recovered fairly quickly.

Meanwhile, painkillers are fun! I tok three of 'em just to see how high I could get and started watching british sitcoms!
I had three taken out but it was cool.
The gas and morphen really took the edge off and I like mashed potatoes. (Only good food I could eat)

Funny story: During the procidure, I woke up, but I was so hopped up that all I could fell was pressure and the teeth shattering. The doc made the mistake of telling me to relax and get comfortable and off went my size 12 leather shoes flying across the room.
zarima: angel of blood Wrote:Funny story: During the procidure, I woke up, but I was so hopped up that all I could fell was pressure and the teeth shattering. The doc made the mistake of telling me to relax and get comfortable and off went my size 12 leather shoes flying across the room.

That must have given those dentist an heart attack. lol