Join our server on Discord

Never misunderstand me; keep away from me
Yeah, maybe when he's done she'll be someone he won't mind be bothered by.
Here's the latest story. This morning, she told me that the night before, she went to a musuem with her ex-boyfriend:

Me: A musuem on a weekday? I hope you didn't waste too much time there.
Her: Only two hours, but then I was feeling vulnerable with my ex...I've just been so stressed lately...and I...did something...do you know what I mean?
Me: No.
Her: I was feeling vulnerable and I gave in and we-
Me: I know what you're saying; I just don't empathize.
Her: Oh, well, I'm feeling really weak...I didn't really want to sleep with him, but I just...now I'm upset with myself.
Me: Yep, you ought to be.

Then tonight, I had to give her like a half hour pep talk telling her to get job searches and grad school applications, because she was whining again about having nowhere to go when she graduates, probably hoping that I'd offer her a place to live. Well, that wasn't happening, but I gave her a very good speech. I should part-time as a motivational speaker.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
If you didn't have such a penchant for delivering devastating and demoralizing verbal blows at just about every turn, yes, you'd be great at it!

But seriously, this girl sounds like a ton of work. She had a weak moment...oh come on, that's the lamest excuse for getting laid ever. She should've just come out and said "I was horny and I needed my bones rattled" or something that actually made sense, but she tried to pretend that she's all "confused" and "vulnerable."

Urk, cheap drama like that turns my stomach and belongs on daytime TV.
Quote:But seriously, this girl sounds like a ton of work. She had a weak moment...oh come on, that's the lamest excuse for getting laid ever. She should've just come out and said "I was horny and I needed my bones rattled" or something that actually made sense, but she tried to pretend that she's all "confused" and "vulnerable."
Considering that her ex-boyfriend is ten years older than her, and she had supposedly broken up with him, I think it's fair to call it weakness. She's a mess, and she's gullible, and it wouldn't surprise me if she really was tricked.
I know that you saw me.
You think she's now using you as a shoulder to cry on/advice giver now? Instead of a boyfriend.
Quote:You think she's now using you as a shoulder to cry on/advice giver now? Instead of a boyfriend.
I ain't nobody's shoulder, but I don't mind giving her advice, because I'm going to give out the advice that she really doesn't want to hear, and I'm going to pick her apart in the process. That'll teach her how to be a real psychologist (she's a psych major). Twisted
I know that you saw me.
don't be mean. Have you loved someone? If she did I would understand what she's feeling. if you fall in love you'll know it.

I asumed that you haven't though.

if he was just her boyfriend and she got just shocked by looking as a failure infront of society because of lossing her guy, then pick her but only a little bit ^^;;;;
Veemon's Followers
Quote:don't be mean. Have you loved someone? If she did I would understand what she's feeling. if you fall in love you'll know it.
No, I've never been in love, nor have I been in a relationship, because I don't want to choose rashly and wind up regretting it...like she ought to be doing now, except she's too dumb to know she when she's being used. Her ex-boyfriend will probably never really love her. I don't see how anyone could love a girl who makes such stupid decisions--and she's annoying as hell. I mentioned that, right?
I know that you saw me.
I think you've both implied it and just come right out and said it, as well. I think we're clear in that respect.

Just be careful that she doesn't start to look at you as more than a friend for the guidance you're trying to give her. That could get ugly. Oh, and also don't be surprised or offended if she doesn't take your sage advice. It happens to everyone. At least you have the satisfaction of being right when their attempt to go directly against what you said crumbles to dust.

Yeah, it's cruel, but it sure teaches people to listen to others on the outside of a situation.
Well you are the guy who tells you what you don't want to know. Hopefully she'll listen to you sometimes.