Join our server on Discord

Digimon Savers / Digimon Data Squad
UnknownH Wrote:Masaru's dad disapeared. I think he worked for DATS.

Just a guess on my part but I think the old man is Masaru's dad, look at the way he stands with his mom and sister in the opening kinda reminds me of a family portrait.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote:Just a guess on my part but I think the old man is Masaru's dad, look at the way he stands with his mom and sister in the opening kinda reminds me of a family portrait.

I was thinking that it was his Grandpa, possibly they never met beforehand for some reason. And the Digivice iC was like an heirloom of Masaru's father's being passed down?

Quote:Quote:
but he almost quit once and I can't see Masaru doing that.

Is that right? How much do you want to bet there's going to be an episode where Masaru almost quits? It's all part of fitting the mold.

Oh I'm sure he'll do the typical goggle boy "I don't wanna anymore" ep, but it seems less likely.

Quote:Masaru's dad disapeared. I think he worked for DATS.

Yeah, he disappeared while investigating the Digital World, whether that means he was lost in the Digital World or not, I don't know...but I'm not sure if he worked directly with DATS.

I'm kind of under the impression that DATS was formed after he disappeared, because his disappearance showed a threat, and maybe conincided with the first Digimon emergance in the Digital World...I wonder though, was the first Digimon to emerge a good Digimon or evil...and if evil how were they contained?
Maybe Masaru's dad is Tai, as we come to a realization of exactly which Digi-verse we're in.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I finished episodes 4 and 5, nothing really more to say then I already said. I'm actually more intrigued by what's going to happen in episode 6. According to another site I visit regularly, the main character and Agumon's relationship gets damaged for some reason. And then there's the appearance of Elecmon. I think he's cool; the way he takes care of all the newborn digimon by himself is a huge responsibility, back in the other seasons that is. I can only imagine that he'll just be another digimon warping into the real world for whatever reason doing whatever he wants. But as long as its him that's okay.
Wisemon Wrote:Maybe Masaru's dad is Tai, as we come to a realization of exactly which Digi-verse we're in.

I highly doubt that. Mainly because at the end of 02 it showed Tai's son with a Koromon, so he would've had Agumon already and know all about digimon.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Besides, they don't have the same last name. His mom could've changed it- but still, I highly doubt it.
I do beleive that was a little bit of sarcasm by Wisemon there.

His Dad being part of DATS? That is a rather noble assumption. It is possible, and I'd hate that almost because... well there would be too many elements that are connected together. Not impossible just too improbable for my tastes. Well pointless and cheap character building more like it. Who knows they make never explain it... like pokemon and Chrono Trigger.
Harie Wrote:I do beleive that was a little bit of sarcasm by Wisemon there.

That's one of the few things I hate about forums, you can't tell when someone's being sarcastic, that and 4 um trollz, I loathe 4 um trollz.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Yeah. Sarcasm sucks on the internet. Oh well.
Quote:I do beleive that was a little bit of sarcasm by Wisemon there.
As long as somebody can detect it, we're in business. If my sarcasm had a point, I think I was saying that speculation about Masaru's dad is far too open-ended at this point in the season.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against