Join our server on Discord

No words can describe this.
Ahahahahaha, thats great...
And they call me crazy... *shakes his head at that forum*

That's the internet for you, there's something for everyone. As for Something Awful, if it happens it happens, but it is unlikely. This place is realitively normal compared some of the other places I've seen and the stuff they've shown on Something Awful.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Actuallt, I DO have a word that could describe this pretty well; Delusional.
I'm not sure which is sadder, the fact that these people believe all this or the fact that they believe all this and yet are still smart enough to understand the string theory. Probably the latter.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
If you understand string theory, then why should you discount any possibilities, Shadowknight? And probability reasoning: The closer to infinite the size of our universe becomes, the probability of all (non-mutually exclusive) possibilities being expressed becomes closer to 1. Thus IF our universe is infinite, ALL possibilities ARE expressed at some point within it.

Not saying the universe IS infinite, just that statistically speaking, if it is, then you're wrong to say that they're wrong in believing in it.
It's not that, the theory is sound, but the way some of these people are explaining things is the problem. The thought that someone would be able to "Tap" into this universe, wheither it exists or not, and then make a kiddy show out out of it instead of examining the theory of a multiverse is absurd.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Gabumonfurry Wrote:I wonder if we'll ever be hit by Something Awful....
Actually we were once as the awful link of the day.
And I think this was the plot of a justice league episode plot once. Only it was a comic book instead of a tv show. And anything is possible, we just don't know about it.
Shadowknight Wrote:I'm not sure which is sadder, the fact that these people believe all this or the fact that they believe all this and yet are still smart enough to understand the string theory. Probably the latter.

What's string theory?
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
It is a theory that explains why the universe is the way it is.

I cant go into detail right now, though.
Nate Hunter Wrote:If you understand string theory, then why should you discount any possibilities, Shadowknight? And probability reasoning: The closer to infinite the size of our universe becomes, the probability of all (non-mutually exclusive) possibilities being expressed becomes closer to 1. Thus IF our universe is infinite, ALL possibilities ARE expressed at some point within it.

Not saying the universe IS infinite, just that statistically speaking, if it is, then you're wrong to say that they're wrong in believing in it.

No, no, no. That's not how String Theory works. It doesn't say that anything imaginable exists. It says that every possibility of what could have happened since the creation of the laws of nature as we know them were first put into effect (several seconds after the big bang), hypothetically exists. The concept of the digital world breaks basic laws of physics as we know them. There may be loopholes we don't know about, and we may not even understand the universe well enough, but because one would have to break every known natural law for such a place to exist, it's entirely impossible. In other words, every possibility exists, right, but the digiworld could have never been a possibility.

That's how I've read into it at any rate.