Join our server on Discord

Requests and Generosity..All for nothing?
I do think that you're maybe delving more than you should, which is what is screwing with your self-confidence and will to fulfill requests. It's understandable though. I want a lot more comments than I'm getting, but it mainly stems from my envy to the more popular figures of FA that I senselessly strive to assimilate myself with.

And then you think you'll get something out of your sheer generosity, but the more you think you will, the less probable that event seems, and as it doesn't happen it depresses you further. It's happened a lot to me.

I've found that just relishing in the fact that you're making people happy doesn't cut it. Making strangers happy isn't the same as making friends or people you're close-with happy.

For instance, I was infinitely more pleased when I got a "Thank you" from Guilmon 'nd a Shotgun when I was done with "Not your typical Western." than the guy I engaged with a Trade in DeviantArt after I posted: "All Foxes go beyond Heaven". He just said it was cool and I never heard from him again.

I'd written more than 15+ pages worth of text for him, and he gave me 4 in return. He even asked if I wanted him to rewrite it, but I actually was so displeased that I just told him it was fine because "he had done as I had asked". In retrospect, I should've asked him to go on.

But that's just an example of how I've learned retribution works. You'll feel better when showing your work off to people you feel comfortable with, rather than someone you never met that is probably just leeching off you.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Requests and Generosity..All for nothing? - by DragonMasterX - 02-19-2011, 11:27 PM