Join our server on Discord

"Pressure", chapter 2: "Held to his word&quot
Lord Patamon Wrote:Heh why the VeeGato inclusion doesn't surprise me? :P

though I really can't see Patamon/Armadillomon working, I mean in height Armadillomon is way taller than Patamon so the only way it could work would be Patamon on top of Armadillomon, I mean just remember the scene on the episode "Stone Soup" Armadillomon had Patamon on his shoulders throwing him up and you could see how big is the height difference.

Gatomon is also bigger than Patamon. Patamon is the second smallest of the adventure digimon, second only to Wormmon. I really can't believe that, for creatures with such varying aspects, a rather minor (compared t, say the size difference between Gazimon and Renamon, or terriermon and guilmon) can be an argument. God knows appearance should not normally be a problem. If Mister Big T can write Davis/Veemon without raising any eyebrows in regard to size, why shouldn't I have the same artistic license in writing ArmaPata?

Quote:Oh well, I'm sure you have a good plot for the ArmaPata, but I just have a question that I never have been able to get a good answer and is what the VeeGato/VeeTail fans see on that pairing to think it can work? the only reasons I always see is that both are cool characters and things like that but nothing much well.... with more sense.

So I was thinking that maybe you could give me your point of view on why you like VeeGato :)

My take on the VeePataGato is summarized in how I wrote "Twinkle Twinkle" and "Sticky". Patamon is, at the basics, a sweet, innocent and content charcater. I see Gatomon falling for him much before he realize there is romance going on, because Patamon is perfectly happy with having a platonic relationship. On the other hand, When I write VeeGato, Veemon has to do some effort to win Gatomon over. (although unconsciously in the case of Sticky XD)

I have never believed that there was any overwhelming hint for PataGato in 01/02. (as opposed to Takari, which is another matter, but as much as I like the feedback hypothesis, I see no harm in separating the Digimon and their partners' love interests). The closest we get to a hint is in Davis Cries Wolfmon, and then you have to take in account how close Patamon and Gatomon are from the start.

Daiken (and T.K./Cody and Kari/Yolei too) has been almost entirely based on the whole DNA-evolution business. Why couldn't that apply to the digimon too, to some extent? After all, the both of them did share a single mind.

And finally, I want to point that the series was originally supposed to be ArmaVee, with PataGato on the sidelines. The main reason I decided for ArmaPata and VeeGato was that it allowed for some very nice "can't let go" angst on Gatomon's side (that and when I asked his opinion, my beta went for ArmaPata XD). I am writing it with PataGato, it just happens to be one-sided.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Lord Patamon - 07-15-2006, 06:36 AM
[No subject] - by circeus - 07-15-2006, 07:00 AM
[No subject] - by Lord Patamon - 07-15-2006, 07:21 AM
[No subject] - by circeus - 07-15-2006, 07:28 AM
[No subject] - by Lord Patamon - 07-15-2006, 08:02 AM
[No subject] - by circeus - 07-16-2006, 01:17 AM
[No subject] - by Lord Patamon - 07-16-2006, 02:23 AM