Join our server on Discord

any suggestions???
For my 800th post, I'll say this...

First decide on your pairing. Human/human, human/Digimon, or Digimon/Digimon? Then figure out who you want to throw together. Do you want a cute warm fuzzy couple? Or a couple with a lot of conflict and turmoil? A romantic pairing? Or a rape?

See if you can determine what people HAVEN'T written. Maybe you'll be the first to write a certain pairing and really open peoples' eyes to a new idea!

Try to write dialogue as convincingly as you can for each character. Hawkmon is pretty matter-of-fact, so having him start joking around like Gomamon wouldn't be in character for him. Likewise, Agumon is friendly and easygoing, so portraying him as volatile and pugnacious would be equally as untrue to the character.

Each character is different from the other. In the end, after grammar and content, characterization is what really makes a lemon shine. When you write something, just think of their voice saying it in your head. If you can't imagine them saying it, then they probably wouldn't if the writers were doing it.

Just one more little thing, that I don't like to see in fics is profanity. Using fuck as a verb SPARINGLY is ok, but there are way more words to use than that. Use profanity in dialogue even more sparingly, only when the characters are at a extreme of emotion. Profanity loses it's punch and meaning the more you use it. "You...you...I am going to DESTROY YOU," is much more meaningful than "Holy fuck! You fucking shithead! I'm going to fucking kill you!"

A few things to maybe consider. Hope I was helpful! ^_^

Messages In This Thread
any suggestions??? - by Misty - 03-27-2006, 05:25 AM
[No subject] - by UnknownH - 03-27-2006, 08:39 AM
[No subject] - by DV85 - 03-27-2006, 08:40 AM
[No subject] - by Gunter VanCrimson - 03-27-2006, 01:40 PM
[No subject] - by senjuro - 03-27-2006, 02:29 PM
[No subject] - by rorancrystalwolf - 03-28-2006, 12:52 AM
[No subject] - by Herr Mullen - 03-28-2006, 01:23 AM
[No subject] - by Thornwhistle - 03-28-2006, 01:24 PM
[No subject] - by senjuro - 03-28-2006, 02:07 PM