Join our server on Discord

Send my soul away
First of all, I only paid $10.00, and second of all, they're not meant for moshing; they're meant for listening. You have to listen hard to pick up all of the tricks in Tom Morello's guitar work, and even harder to pick up the tricks in Timmy's bass. Most importantly, you have to be in awe of the power and majesty of Chris Cornell's voice, while you ponder every metaphor and piece of imagery. The three songs you mentioned are not the "harder" ones, but I doubt that any would satisfy your lust for shit that takes ten minutes to write and produce.

Quote:They weren't too artistic or differet form other bands, their lyrics were nothing special, and there was notihng thatg set them apart.
Name one vocalist who sounds like Chris Cornell. I can only think of one, but you probably have no idea who he is. Here's a tougher one: name a guitar player who sounds like Tom Morello. That's absolutely impossible. Morello has the most distinctive guitar playing of any guitarist ever. Yes, even more unique than Hendrix or Santana. As far as the lyrics go, I'll admit that I wasn't crazy about the ones on the latest album either, but you probably haven't heard what Chris did with Soundgarden. Listen to "Outshined," "The Day I Tried To Live," "Superunknown," and "Blow Up The Outside World," and then tell me he's nothing special. If you want to judge Audioslave fairly, go by the best songs on their first album, "Show Me How To Live," "What You Are," and "Shadow On The Sun."
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against

Messages In This Thread
Send my soul away - by Wisemon - 05-26-2005, 02:50 PM
[No subject] - by The Anti-Wisemon - 05-27-2005, 06:30 AM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 05-27-2005, 03:25 PM
[No subject] - by The Anti-Wisemon - 05-28-2005, 09:33 AM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 05-28-2005, 11:36 AM
[No subject] - by The Anti-Wisemon - 05-28-2005, 12:35 PM