Join our server on Discord

Requests and Generosity..All for nothing?
What are you asking for? Better, bigger acknowledgement, or actual retribution, like getting arts as gifts for all you've done?

'cuz if the latter, you might wanna begin engaging on Trades. Some writers might even be willing to write stories for you in exchange for your work in case you don't feel like you want art, you ARE a great artist after all.

If the former... I suffer from the same.

"Thank you."

"It was great."

"Cool."

And then I'm just forgotten, at least by the majority of my 'fans', I do admit there are nice people out there that will remain in contact to give me ideas or just to generally bolster my confidence. I don't know if we're comparable, seeing as I'm a writer and you're a full-fledged artist with great style, but the lack of bigger gratitude for all the effort I put in every request I write, to make it as perfect as I can, kind of staggers me and makes me wish I hadn't taken up on their request.

However... I also think that thanks to them, I get more practise writing. I still do have problems with some bits and pieces of english, so every story I write makes me feel like I'm improving.

And let's not forget that I openly threw myself at taking requests in the first place, so it's kinda like waving a fresh steak in front of a hungry lion. It's not 100% their fault.

My suggestion is to take the good side of things (The true, non-sugar-coated side of things) to make you feel better. In my case, I reiterate: With every new story I write, I feel my english improves further. So that's something.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Requests and Generosity..All for nothing? - by DragonMasterX - 02-19-2011, 10:47 PM