Join our server on Discord

Games just don't feel worth what they used to.
I think I understand how you feel. I like a lot of the newer games, but time and time again I'll return to my collection of games from the 8 and 16 bit days. Childhood nostalgia plays a huge part in this I believe. I'm sure most of us here have a few games they love to go back and play again even though they've beaten them inside and out.

I also know how you feel about games not feeling worth the price we pay for them. For example, one of my last full price purchases, Gears of War 2, was fun, but it hasn't been touched after the second or so play through on Insane. The multiplayer options are nice and everything, and chainsaw duels are great, but still, nothing beats some Goldeneye Deathmatch.

Sure, there are a lot of games that rely on the same old formulas to try and cash in, but there are still plenty of original ideas out there. Okami was a truly wonderful title that offered a unique art style, a folk tale kind of story, and was a fairly epic and fun platformer. Also, anything made by Tim Schafer is worth looking at. He made the hilarious first two Monkey Islands games, and his more recent game Psychonauts was well worth the price of admission. Eh, anyways I guess what I'm saying is, if you sift through the crap, there are gems to be found.

On a unrelated side note, I've played Marvel Ultimate Alliance too. It was alright, I think I preferred it when it was called X-Men Legends.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games just don't feel worth what they used to. - by Crimson Fox - 06-29-2009, 04:28 PM