Join our server on Discord

Ray and Masquerade's RP (The Struggle)
The serpent glared at the dingo intensely. "A petty thief, eh? Tch. I should have figured as much. Three curses upon myself for thinking that you may have had even the slightest amount of kindness in your heart." He removed his lance and stood it up with the point penetrating the ground of the alleyway. Nothus closed his eyes as a warm breeze blew through the area, his robes being gently tousled in it. However, he knew now was not the time to let the tranquil weather lower his guard. He rushed over to the bleeding man and scooped him up in scaly arms hidden by the long, black sleeves of his robes.

That's when Nothus gave off an unexpected laugh. "Yes, the baker and his miracles. His bread will do more for this poor man than you think." Without hesitation, Nothus ran swiftly out of the alleyway, right past the dingo who had only come to collect money, and grabbing his lance on the way. His clawed feet scratched against the cobblestone street, the resulting noise causing several stray animals to emerge from their hiding places and escape the horrid sound. Nothus made it to the bakery fairly quickly and burst through the door, startling Masquerade. The unlucky baker was so surprised that he dropped the layer of cake he was working on.

"What was that for, Nothus?" Masquerade scolded, pointing a rubber scraper at the serpent accusingly. "I thought it was your idea not to disturb me." That's when his eyes fell upon the beaten and bleeding man in Nothus's arms. "What happened this time?"

"It is the same as all the other times," Nothus said despairingly as he propped the man up in a wooden chair at the front of the counter. The door was left ajar as Nothus went to the back room to get some water.

Masquerade operated quickly and efficiently. He looked through his scores of baked goods until he finally found what he was looking for. It appeared to be a perfectly ordinary doughnut. He held it carefully in his hand as if it were a precious diamond, and he strolled cautiously around to the other side of the wooden counter, stopping in front of the unconscious civilian. "Let me just open your mouth here," he uttered as he moved the man's lower jaw to open his mouth. He slowly inserted a piece of doughnut into his mouth and then took a hold of the man's upper jaw, and, with both parts of the jaw in hand, made the man chew the delicious sweet. The finely chewed morsel slid down the civilian's throat without much assistance. That's when Nothus returned with a glass of water.

"Did you work your magic on 'im?" Nothus asked with a slight, cocky grin on his face.

"Indeed," Masquerade replied simply. "I do not reckon that he will be requiring this drink any longer, but with guests as fickle as our's, he just might happen to be thirsty when he wakes. The baker's gaze shifted to the night outside the bakery. The door was still open, but it allowed the heat of the oven to escape the small shop. Slowly, the mouth-watering aroma of sweet desserts--pies, cakes, doughnuts, tarts, and all sorts of fruit pastries--drifted dreamily out the door and into the night air.
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ray and Masquerade's RP (The Struggle) - by Masquerade - 06-04-2009, 10:59 PM