Join our server on Discord

Untitled Fic Concept, any suggestions?
Wisemon's objection was not to the fact that a village should only have Level I or II Digimon -- it was that for Pico Digimon to save Veemon, the Digimon would have to be of a lwoer level THAN Rookie/Pico -- however, each author is free to take their liberties, such as Reclaimer making the Pico Digimon a power level between Rookie and Champion, or my giving an advanced Digimon culture the full concepts of family, without understanding humans at all.

In fact, Digimon Revolution makes clear references to the presence of parents -- namely Elena's mother and father (a Lillymon and a Syurimon), and Lenna's mother, an Atlantimon, as well as the concepts of siblings, because Veen refers to Lenna as his SISTER. Whether this means Digitama simply appear to a pair of parents or a single parent to be raised by them or is an actual reference to sexual reproduction in the Digimon world, I will not say, despite the fact that I know which it is. The fact that Digimon Parents raise their Children, are usually married to another Digimon (or at the least they're living together), and that most Digimon species have two genders is what defines the world of Revolution over other Digimon continuities.

If Reclaimer is going to make a continuity where Pico Digimon are a separate level, between Rookie and Champion, that's his choice, but it's advisable he stick to his guns on it, making the other hyrbid levels Inter-Power forms too, if they should happen to appear. He also needs to understand how deep the "rabbit-hole" of his continuity really goes, compared to the other seasons and stories he's read. I'm not going to say he's "right" or "wrong" for what he does in an original Digimon fic, though I would not consider it unfair to make the same criticisms were this simply a fan-fiction set to follow-up Frontier or to be a prequel to Frontier.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 05-12-2004, 03:22 PM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 05-12-2004, 05:11 PM
[No subject] - by The Reclaimer - 05-13-2004, 06:32 AM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 05-13-2004, 09:01 AM
[No subject] - by The Reclaimer - 05-13-2004, 09:50 AM
[No subject] - by BGAGTGAB - 05-14-2004, 08:16 AM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 05-14-2004, 08:38 AM
[No subject] - by The Reclaimer - 05-15-2004, 06:01 AM