Join our server on Discord

Yeah sure I might do harm and bear my right to arm
Quote:*sniff* Beautiful. It bears amazing resemblance to the thoughts that race through my head every time I sit in the loo, taking a dump! Bravo.
Actually, I've written some of my best poems while taking a dump, though this wasn't one of them. A reliable clipboard is very convenient.

Quote:Now then, Incredibly great work Wise. You almost have to ask how you can do this.
Thank you, but I feel it's best not to question it. If I had to give out the secret, I would say the real key is just putting time into it.
Quote:The whole thing just makes you think. And it has this driving force that made me want to read the whole thing, which is odd for me because generally I don't like poetry. It was damn good.

The last stanza is true poetics right there.
Thank you, Senjuro. I especially like good reviews from people who don't normally like poetry. You pointed out another key: the last stanza is always critical.

Quote:A very provokative poem which has a clear messahe and some critisism for all sides of the arguement. I loved it.
Thanks, I guess I did hit all sides. I try to do that on every issue. That's why I wanted to mod the Debate Forum.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yeah sure I might do harm and bear my right to arm - by Wisemon - 07-18-2007, 07:54 AM