Join our server on Discord

FF: Rise Of Silver Surfer who got so many bad critics
I heard the reviews, including the key ones from Ebert (the guy filling in for him) and Roeper (the guy filling in for Siskel). I have to agree. It looks terrible. It's another overblown please the average stupid movie-goer film, not a please a Marvel fan film. Though I haven't seen it, here would be my main gripes:
1. Jessica Alba is a horrible Invisible Woman! Her skin is too dark to be a believable blonde, even if they were to give her blue contacts, which they didn't.
2. Too much fucking CGI! I know it's cool and all, but I want to see someone wearing a Silver Surfer costume. This was also my main gripe with that awful Hulk movie.
3. I'm sorry, but as superheroes go, the Fantastic Four have never been anyone's favorite. Marvel has been forcing them down the throats of readers since the 60's, but I'm willing to bet their comics are not all that high on Marvel's list of top sellers. That's why there's four of them, because no single member has all that much appeal. Wolverine, Spider-Man, Daredevil, the Punisher, the Hulk, Iron Man, and Captain America (I can't believe he doesn't have a movie yet this decade) are the Marvel heroes with massive worldwide appeal.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF: Rise Of Silver Surfer who got so many bad critics - by Wisemon - 06-29-2007, 10:00 AM