Join our server on Discord

What is your "fantasy life."
I've been doing some thinking about the "Glass Menagerie." For those of us who have read it, you will know that the main character, Tom, had a sister who was sort of absorbed into her glass collection of animals because she just could not handle even the slightest issues of being social with others (which is one way to explain her shyness).

After reading something about her "fantasy life," I suddenly realized that they are a lot of people who does the same thing she does, that is they somewhat exist in a world that their mind has created for them. One such of my "fantasy life" is mainly dirvited from a seven year span that mainly consumes 2nd through 9th grade.

From 2nd to 9th, I was constantly picked on by just about EVERYBODY, even if all I was doing was trying to finish an assigment the teacher gave me to do. I had few friends, school was nothing more than a chore even without all the work you had to do, so in short, I was just plain miserable. The only place I could turn to for relief was my family, and also a couple of teachers.

So, thanks to what has happened, my perspective on life is somewhat darker than others. I view life as nothing more than something that is a complete waste of time, and even if for a brief amount of time you should attain a status that will put you at the top of the world, it will all be taken away by death. So, basically, all that's left to do is just bide one's time until the day of his departure arrives. THIS, in a way, is my fantasy life. While it may seem dark, they're is also a flip side to it.

I guess the flip side would mainly what accounts for my "morbid" sense of humor. I actually try to find humor in death. I guess that's where I come up with such quotes such as "the best thing about life is that if you don't like it, you can always leave. That said, if anyone needs me, I'll be on top of the roof."

This is of course all said in jest, hardly any real truth put into it, but still, all the same, I am able to put together a vision of life so as to resemble something that is so sad because it is futile at it's best, and yet, to be so funny at the same time because it's futility is also the source of it's comical aspects.

So, in short, my "fantasy life" is somewhat of a morbid/comical existence.

So, now that I've relayed my life's fantasy, what is yours? Good, bad, we all have some sort of fantasy to live in.

Messages In This Thread
What is your "fantasy life." - by Angeteen - 07-24-2003, 01:38 PM
[No subject] - by Kavaan - 07-24-2003, 03:38 PM
[No subject] - by Anus Individual 20 - 07-24-2003, 11:27 PM
[No subject] - by The Infamous Boss Reo - 07-26-2003, 01:27 PM
[No subject] - by InsaneImpmon - 07-26-2003, 02:17 PM
[No subject] - by milk me! - 07-28-2003, 02:34 PM
[No subject] - by Matelk - 07-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Now this is a random topic! - by fatpat60 - 08-14-2003, 12:46 PM
[No subject] - by TrippinPlaya - 08-15-2003, 11:03 AM
[No subject] - by The Example - 08-21-2003, 02:20 PM
[No subject] - by Ryokumon - 08-21-2003, 07:03 PM