Join our server on Discord

Faiz and Masquerade RP (The Edge)
(Castle: Front Gates)

Masquerade traveled faster than he had ever traveled before and soon, he found himself standing before the mighty gates of his castle. In the distance he could see fighting. The most notable things were the fireballs being tossed about. The Rebellion Force was losing the battle. Masquerade whistled sharply and the gates opened. He dashed into the courtyard and yelled as loud as he could.

"ALL REMAINING UNITS NEED TO MEET IN THE COURTYARD! OPERATION FINAL STAND IS ABOUT TO BE PUT INTO PLAY!!" There was a mad rush coming from the castle and soon, a small army of soldiers were standing at the ready in the courtyard. He had completely forgotten about Faiz and waited for him to make his appearance in the courtyard.
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
(Castle: Front Gates)

Faiz could see the fireball tossed towards the Rebellion soldiers. He wants to protect them by giving a firing support and protection, but he need to wait for the leader's command, and her sister is not in here. Usually at this kind of situation, Mika and himself already have a plan to protect themselves and launch the attack to the enemy, but he had to od it independently and Masquerade's guidance. "I really wish you're here right now, my sister..."

Then, the wolf quickly reduce the speed and stopped besides Masquerade before standing on two foot. He try to remain calm as possible while waiting and hearing Masquerade's order.
Find me at SoFurry.com and Furrypile.co.uk
[Image: 3813135.png] [img][Image: YVNJ5.gif][/img]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
(Castle Courtyard)
"Where are the newcomers and Aussa?" Masquerade demanded of the crowd of soldiers before him.

One soldier stepped up. "Newcomers Ardeal and Solia are on the roof, sir! Commander Aussa went up there to retrieve them just seconds after your call. They will down here shortly, sir!"

"Thank you very much, soldier," Masquerade replied. "You may step back in line." He turned to Faiz. "All I want of you is to wait here for Ardeal, Solia, and Aussa. When they regroup with you, you need to flee this place immediately. Head directly south from here. When the queen arrives, she will take no prisoners. This is our absolute last line of defense and we must have you survive."

The motley group of soldiers before him stood at attention. This was to be their final battle, and even though Masquerade had led them through worst, not even those experiences could keep them from feeling the fear that crept so silently up their spines. There were many rumors of what the queen did to those who opposed her on the battlefield, but there was no telling if those rumors were true or not. They were about to find out.

"All right, troops! It's time for our final stand! Move out!!" At their commander's call, the soldier's marched out of the courtyard and made their advance to where the current fighting was. When they were all gone, only Masquerade and Faiz remained. "I'm sorry, but this will be the last time that we get to speak. I WILL die in this battle. I wish there was more that I could do, but...well..." he faltered. "Just make sure that you live and make sure that Ardeal and Solia live as well. That is all I asked. Although we only met just a few days back, I already feel a strong bond of friendship between you and I."

The OCA
Without looking directly to Masquerade, Faiz remain silence with his ears swivel to the back and his expressionless face. He unable to accept the fact that Masquerade will die in this battle, and was hoping to turn something good. By looking up in the dark night sky, he said in his old usual tone. ".....I'm sorry, Masquerade...I would not turning back even an inch...I have come this far to end the misery of the people...Me and my sister had promised to our guardian and the children of orphan house...we will topple down the queen at all costs...even our lives is at stake..."

His heart remains calm, slowly lowering his vision to the ground. "....If you think you're right and I'm wrong, go ahead...I will put a blame on myself for eternity if you unable to defeat the queen..." He added as gripping his fists tightly, trying to hold his sadness that slowly emerged deep inside his heart.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
(Castle Courtyard)

Masquerade gently grasped both of Faiz's shoulders and looked him deep into his eyes, even though he knew that Faiz could not see his eyes at the moment. "I do not think you are wrong," he said seriously. "As a matter of fact, I couldn't be more in the wrong than I am, but I trust in myself that this plan will work. And I know you trust me..."

From inside the castle, there came the sound of footsteps--the bustle of people coming down the stone staircase.

Masquerade became anxious. "You are one of the strongest warriors I have ever met, maybe even stronger than myself. You, if anyone, will be able to take down the queen, as long as you keep your friends close. I trust in you." Masquerade was already sad that he had to leave Faiz and the others. He took a deep breath and kissed Faiz on the mouth. It was a soft kiss--ended almost as quickly as it began, but it was a kiss nonetheless. The footsteps were getting louder now. He didn't want to have to see Solia get upset.

The OCA
(Castle Courtyard)

The wolf's ears still swiveled to the back and his vision focusing to the ground while hearing Masquerade's last word before stunned a little as masquerade plant a quick, soft kiss on his lips. Starting at that moment, Faiz able to feel calm and trust Masquerade wholeheartedly that he able to defeat the queen.

Faiz lifts his head and looking directly into Masquerade's eyes, a slight smile appeared. "....I'm counting on you....Please...come back safely...This is my last request to you, my friend..."
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
(Castle Courtyard)

Masquerade smiled, a fire beginning to burn brightly in his heart. "I wish I could guarantee that I will be fine after this ordeal, but know that I will do my best no matter what." With that, his final statement for now, Masquerade rushed out of the courtyard waving a not-so-miserable goodbye to his friend. His troops were waiting just outside the castle gates. "Onward we march! Down with the queen!"

"Down with the queen! Down with the queen!" the soldiers chanted as they marched with their valiant leader into what may be the final battle.

Suddenly, the door to the main building of the castle burst open and Ardeal, Solia, and Aussa stepped out, each carrying a bag of supplies.

"The castle is nearly deserted," Aussa said. "If they fail, heaven forbid, then anyone left here will die. We need to get a move on." He took the lead and rushed out of the courtyard via the castle gates. Ardeal blinked a couple of times sadly at the magnificent castle and followed Aussa.

Solia rushed over to Faiz. "We must keep Masquerade in our minds so that we can grant him our mental and spiritual support. I'm sure we will return to this castle one day." There was a slight smile on her face, although her voice was dripping with devastation. Things were happening too fast, but she did her best to adjust.

On the far horizon, the sun was beginning to creep its way up into the sky, bringing the dawn with it.

The OCA
(Castle Courtyard)

Faiz replied by lifting his right paw till his chest level and waving back to Masquerade, watching his friend and his troops slowly disappeared from the sight. It was painful at first, but after remembering Masquerade's words, Faiz believed his friend able to come back safely and continue to fight with the queen if they failed.

Then, the wolf lifts Solia on both arms and nuzzles her cheek lovingly. "Let's hope for the best, Solia...In addition, I don't want to start thinking that Masquerade's mission will failed miserably..." He said softly and rushes out to the courtyard through the castle gates.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
(Deadwood Plains)

Thus, Faiz, Aussa, Ardeal, and Solia set off across the Deadwood Plains to the south in search of St. Nerra, the woman who may hold the key to defeating the queen.

It was complete dawn now. The sun wasn't at it's high point in the sky, but only high enough to shed some light and spread some warmth. Solia had remained peacefully in Faiz's arms since the beginning of the trip and she had actually fallen asleep. Aussa took the lead, and Ardeal protected their flanks in case of a surprise attack from an enemy.

Ardeal was unable to stay focused, however, for he could not help but remember the scene he viewed just a couple of hours before. Azure blue fireballs clashing and exploding into scarlet fireballs in the morning sky. It was the queen against Masquerade and he knew it. Of course, they had moved out of range before the battle ended. He could only hope that Masquerade survived.

"When we get to Lunatio River, we'll take a break," Aussa said sharply. It was obvious that he was in a bad mood. "Is that okay with everyone?"

Ardeal nodded blankly and Solia just kept snoozing.

(Shimmering Mountain)

Dusk awoke with a start. He could sense a dark presence directly above them. As he wiped his eyes and looked into the morning sky, he saw a large bird that he recognized as the shadow beast that escaped from the battle on the Deadwood Plains.

"Everyone, awake, now!" he shouted. He had to stir the girls into action. However, the bird just seemed to keep circling in the sky above making no move to attack.

The OCA
(Deadwood Plains)

From the time they leave the castle, Faiz keep himself quiet all the way and only speak up when necessary, holding sleeping Solia on his arms lovingly. He watches the dawn sky change its colors and feels like every passing minutes equivalent to a long awaited hours.

Faiz's ears perked up as heard Aussa's voice, which waking him up from fron thoughts. "Yes, Aussa.." He speak telepathically, seeming like he doesn't have enough energy to speak.

(Shimmering Mountain)

Mika, who's in half-sleep quickly open her tired green eyes as she heard Dusk calling her and Ariadne. In an instant, she saw a large bird flying above her that had escaped from the battle previously. The dragoness lifts her body and gently nudge Ariadne. "Wake up, sweetie...We have a little bit trouble..." She stated weakly.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds