Join our server on Discord

What would happen if a human died in the digital world?
Didn't the kids technically get "deleted" in Season 1 Episode 53, or does that not count? Because, as I recall, if a Digimon is deleted but can be reborn (let's stick with the Adventure explanation) in the Digital World...why couldn't a human being? It's just that a human comes from the real world, so a human wouldn't go back to being a Digi-egg...I think he or she would continue to exist but just without any sort of form...just as a consciousness, aware but unable to feel anything.
[Image: Ikuto_Peckmon4_Ever.jpg]
"I'll keep you safe...forever."
Peckuto
I'm not sure about that. They may not have been deleted due to the strangeness of the area they fought the Final Boss in.
Actually, I think they did die, but they pulled the "Power of Friendship/Love Equals God" thing. That's how they came back to life.

Like in Persona 3, where the guys didn't want to move on and that caused their tight bond to produce a time paradox in the world.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well, I'd have to ask Zeph about that. She plays Persona. But that does make perfect sense.
It's japan.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Real dead in the digital world only happens if a program gets deleted or absorved. Maybe it would be some kind of ghost like in that Tamers episode...
(11-13-2010 09:02 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: It's japan.
Rarely does Japan just make sense.
Thanks for all of you guys' inputs on this. Judging from the answers, I think it would be safe to say that humans can't really die in the digital world but as far as being reborn goes, it's up for interpretation since the writers and staff of the Digimon franchise never really gave a clear answer when it comes to death for humans in the digital world. Well with this in mind, I say it's gonna be fun making up what happens after death in the digital world. :)
Don't forget Izzy's speech to Tai though: What happens to you in the Digital World affects you in the real world. So a digital death could equate to an actual death in the real world as your real self coexists or ceases to exist with your digital self.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Thanks for that. It does make sense. Let's just hope we never see it.