Join our server on Discord

2012 - Your thoughts.
I think that the ancient Mayans just ran out of space on their giant calendar and didn't really care because they knew they'd already be dead before the calendar reached a thousand or so years or something, but they wanted something big and cool to be famous for, like the Statue of Liberty, or the Eiffel Tower, so they tried to make the coolest calendar ever, but even calendars run out of pages eventually, no?

Everyone's reaction to the calendar stopping on that day is an overreaction and people just think too deeply about it. X3
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
The people who truly believe 2012 will occur should not be breeding. What's more, the people who are CHRISTIAN and believe in a CHRISTIAN relation to the MAYAN prediction (which were thousands of miles apart from each other on separate continents) should be put in a padded cell until December 22, 2012.

I posted this in response to a similar thread on Sofurry:

I remember Y2K Preparation classes in my elementary school. Wide eyed, survivalist wackos telling kids their solar powered calculators will do them jack shit in a year. They taught us how to...

Nothing. There was nothing of any real use we gained in those classes. All it was was this:

"FUCK!! THE WORLD WILL END IN 2000!!! NOTHING WILL HELP YOU!!! THE NUKES WILL ALL LAUNCH!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! SLIT YOUR THROATS NOW AND SAVE YOURSELVES THE SUFFERING!! WWAAAUUUUUUUUGHHHH!!!"

These are the same kinds of people who think the Fallout series is a historical documentary.

For the last 100 years, we've been "predicting" the end of the world about every 20 minutes.
  • Nicola Tesla's AC current discovery (This was all Edison)
  • World War I
  • Great American Dust Bowl
  • The Great Depression
  • World War II
  • The Cold War and Arms Race (for almost 40 years)
  • Chernobyl
  • Global Warming
  • Y2K
  • Obama
  • The Large Hadron Collider
  • The Antichrist

Unlike the others, citizens from the first world believe the Mayan's 2012 prediction is true because they sacrificed virgins and because John Cusack was in a shitty movie about it. Humans get a hard-on for Armageddon. It comes from our religious backgrounds which always preached this apocalyptic bullshit to us from womb to tomb (in Edison's case, it was because he was a dick).

Even before the Industrial Age, we've still been trying to predict the end of the world as far back as recorded history will allow. And when we're not trying to predict the end of the world, we're trying to predict the return of Christ, sometimes several times at the same time. For some reason, it's almost always in the form of some guy with an educational disorder from a branched off religious sect that stockpiles guns and has sex with underaged girls as part of God's will.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Prayin' for it.
Why are you scared? The world already ended in 2000/2001 we are just PRETENDING it didnt...
Indeed. The Y2K incident was a total fiasco over nothing. I mean sure, there may have been a RISK of something, but there's the risk of the world ending every day.

And nobody should be scared, this whole hypothesis is baseless conjecture.

People who predict the end of the world are either unintelligent, misonformed or just crazy.

(08-25-2010 01:29 AM)Psycho Backlasher Wrote: I think that the ancient Mayans just ran out of space on their giant calendar and didn't really care because they knew they'd already be dead before the calendar reached a thousand or so years or something, but they wanted something big and cool to be famous for, like the Statue of Liberty, or the Eiffel Tower, so they tried to make the coolest calendar ever, but even calendars run out of pages eventually, no?

Everyone's reaction to the calendar stopping on that day is an overreaction and people just think too deeply about it. X3

I agree. But, It's simply natural. We as human beings have an annoying tendency to overreact to everything. And yes, it may have been for future acknowledgement. Or they may have run out of stone...or they may have just died before they could continue it due to tainted water supplies because of the ''significant'' Virgin sacrifices.
Indeed. The Y2K incident was a total fiasco over nothing. I mean sure, there may have been a RISK of something, but there's the risk of the world ending every day.

And nobody should be scared, this whole hypothesis is baseless conjecture.

People who predict the end of the world are either unintelligent, misonformed or just crazy.

(08-25-2010 01:29 AM)Psycho Backlasher Wrote: I think that the ancient Mayans just ran out of space on their giant calendar and didn't really care because they knew they'd already be dead before the calendar reached a thousand or so years or something, but they wanted something big and cool to be famous for, like the Statue of Liberty, or the Eiffel Tower, so they tried to make the coolest calendar ever, but even calendars run out of pages eventually, no?

I agree. But, It's simply natural. We as human beings have an annoying tendency to overreact to everything. And yes, it may have been for future acknowledgement. Or they may have run out of stone...or they may have just died before they could continue it due to tainted water supplies because of the ''significant'' Virgin sacrifices.
I still call the bulk-food aisle at Wal-Mart the Y2K Aisle.

Worst case scenario:

NOTHING

WILL

HAPPEN

Best case scenario: I get laid, the world implodes because of it.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
There is one thing true about what Lost said. Edison was really a Dick.
Hmmm, I think Persona 4 takes place right before 2012. I guess that means we should watch out for shadows and or mysterious fog or we'll all die! :P

In all seriousness though, nothing significant will happen. A few nut jobs will probably try to pin some weird happening on 2012 when it actually come about, but it's all coincidence.

Oh, and I third the notion that Edison was a dick. Tesla was the man!
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
What's funny is the Mayans never predicted the world would end on this date.

They ended their calendar in 2012 because they were simply repeating the same thing over and over far into the future, and it wa sprobably getting tedious.

Yes, they did have predictions for the future and everything, but do you know what other years they had predictions for?

Years beyond the year 4000.
[Image: signature.png]
Quote:Oh, and I third the notion that Edison was a dick. Tesla was the man!

Fourth. Tesla gives me better Energy Weaponz.

Although Edison gave birth to that hilarious inventor Homer episode in The Simpsons. I can't decide, life is cruel! *Emo* 2012's gonna end the world.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad