Join our server on Discord

2012 - Your thoughts.
There are many different queries about the mysterious date of 2012. Is it a date of some significance? Or is it just another day where nothing will happen?

One hypothesis suggests that the end of the world will be due to a magnetic shift. People say that this magnetic distortion would make our planets defenses weaker thus exposing the planet to harmful radiation. However, this process is a very long and drawn out one. It could take up to 5000 years. So the initial effects would kick in in about 1000-2000 years which totally disproves that hypothesis for ''2012''

Another Hypothesis suggests that this planet will become unstable and will react violently, causing Tornadoes, Tidal Waves, Earthquakes and Havoc of epic proportions. However, there is little scientific proof to prove this. And surely, if the planet were becoming unstable, disasters would be occuring all the time? The date of December 21st/23rd should hold no significance if this is the case. Were the Mayans crazy tibal people who believed that the end of the world would be on an exact date.

The Mayans said that this certain date would be the end of an age, and the start of a new one. ''The End of the world as we know it'' might *Suggest* an apocolypse but is that the only way it can be taken. The world as we know it might end because the planet may change. As they say, an end is simply a new beginning .

What are your thoughts on this whole apocolyptic fiasco?
I'll contribute to the explosions with pretty fireworks during New Year.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"2012 - Your thoughts."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdbOzvrTFL4

The movie sucked and the date is just the end of their most recent giant ass calender.

You know how hard it was for them to make a calender like they used?
They didn't get another one before they were wiped out/died out.

This is not the truth yet, but it will be.
2012...I think it will come before 2013, but after 2011.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Not if we stimulate 2013 harder! Come! COME ALREADY.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I'm going to just get drunk the day before and then go to sleep. With any luck, if the end of the world does come, at least I'll have no memory of it afterwards! And if it doesn't come? Well, I just look towards a bad hangover.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(08-24-2010 04:51 PM)Kyosan Wrote: I'm going to just get drunk the day before and then go to sleep. With any luck, if the end of the world does come, at least I'll have no memory of it afterwards! And if it doesn't come? Well, I just look towards a bad hangover.

I second that motion!
If you let Kyosan get drunk, I'll kill you both before the end of the world. lolz x3
[Image: KuranKaname1.png]
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
I don't believe in any of that religious nonsense. It's just going to be another day, in another year, in another century. Believers have been predicting the world's demise for millenia and nothing's ever happened.
Hell, even the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs didn't destroy the world. Though, it did eradicate over 90% of all species, living on the Earth, at the time.
[Image: b79315c4acff7ff9f843516.jpg]

I'm preparing my craft for take-off...
Ya wanna ride? *wink*

Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Gabumon Loverz
People said the world was gonna blow in 2000, it didn't.

People said the world was gonna blow in 2010, it didn't.

Seriously, the world's just gonna go boom for no reason because some Mayan calendar stopped counting at 2012? Since when are Mayans demi-gods? Or sources of truth?

Stupid conspiracy is stupid.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan