Join our server on Discord

Digimon Xros Wars Episode 8!
http://community.livejournal.com/ryuu_rogue/
BAM! Subs and really good freaking quality. I said that before.
(08-26-2010 12:16 PM)CloneWarrior Wrote: [
He's actually a mercenary. The nobility thing was a mistranslation.

I like how Ballistamon talks a lot more lately.

And I love Starmon's random comments.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, Ballistamon seems to be starting to get more speech active with this episode. I guess it's due to Taiki's plan to feign surrender and fool Ancient Volcamon for a while with a crappy copy of his Xros Loader. >XD

I have to say, of all the Digimon main, Shoutmon seems to top his predecessors in terms of characterization; he's very funny, loud, hyper and dynamic. I can't help but laugh with his outbursts (Even more when he tried to destroy their electrified cage.) especially when his General planned to get captured, oblivious and all until he realized later on that it was all part of the plan to locate and free all prisoners, especially Cutemon's folks.

Wow, seems the Magma Zone Bagura Digimon bosses are one tough cookie; Skull Meramon survived X3 last episode, but somewhat suffered a villain decay when he got pummeled again but this time, by a weaker X2.

Same could be said to Ancient Volcamon as well; As the next episode preview shows he's still alive and likely gonna get finally disposed by the Neo Touma-Saiba's gang.

Also, one Adobencha homage in this episode was obviously the triple Agumon Digimemory Summon; complete with the vocal reprisal of Chika Sakamoto.

Wow, Tactimon's tough....And RIP Blue Meramon. :C Probably the future Xros Heart addition to the team once they're through with Magma Zone would be Dorurumon and Cutemon.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
(08-26-2010 02:51 PM)SnK Wrote: Wow, seems the Magma Zone Bagura Digimon bosses are one tough cookie; Skull Meramon survived X3 last episode, but somewhat suffered a villain decay when he got pummeled again but this time, by a weaker X2.

Well, he was likely weakened from the previous battle. Plus, there's once again no proof that he's dead this time either (although it's likely).

(08-26-2010 02:51 PM)SnK Wrote: Same could be said to Ancient Volcamon as well; As the next episode preview shows he's still alive and likely gonna get finally disposed by the Neo Touma-Saiba's gang.

Actually, it looks like his data is reforming or something. Maybe Tactimon has the ability to bring his generals back to life?

Also, he's got a completely different look at the end of the trailer. His volcano's in the center of his torso and his head's on top of his body. His arms and legs also look like Meramon's. Possibly a DigiXros or MadLeomon-esque absorption?

(08-26-2010 02:51 PM)SnK Wrote: Also, one Adobencha homage in this episode was obviously the triple Agumon Digimemory Summon; complete with the vocal reprisal of Chika Sakamoto.

Well, Shoutmon does have the same voice actor...

Also, here's this episode's character map.
[Image: signature.png]
(08-26-2010 03:10 PM)CloneWarrior Wrote: Well, he was likely weakened from the previous battle. Plus, there's once again no proof that he's dead this time either (although it's likely).

I never seen him dissolve into data after X2 was done with him onscreen. Same with Ancient Volcamon, but yeah, being launched by a Maximum Three Victorize against a Volcano and then ending in an explosion could have obscured/hidden his deletion.

(08-26-2010 03:10 PM)CloneWarrior Wrote: Also, he's got a completely different look at the end of the trailer. His volcano's in the center of his torso and his head's on top of his body. His arms and legs also look like Meramon's. Possibly a DigiXros or MadLeomon-esque absorption?

*Rewatches preview* Indeed, looks weird. Tactimon intrigues me. As of this moment, not much is known about the extent of his power, but it's possible indeed he has ability to revitalize fallen Digimon or just the power to grant absorption/assimilation ability to his men. *shrugs*

Also initially, I assumed that he'll sick his army first with perfect war strategy against Xros Heart and give 'em a hard time. Instead, seems he'll go directly fighting 'em personally using his katana.

Lol. Thanks for the map. I hope someone aside from you is also saving them weekly.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
(08-26-2010 03:14 PM)SnK Wrote: *Rewatches preview* Indeed, looks weird. Tactimon intrigues me. As of this moment, not much is known about the extent of his power,

In the manga, he looks insanely powerful. He blocks X3's Tri Victorize attack with his sword and then slashes right through X3, splitting him up.

He just barely misses out on killing them because MailBirdramon shows up and uses that giant laser attack to block his vision.

(08-26-2010 03:14 PM)SnK Wrote: but it's possible indeed he has ability to revitalize fallen Digimon or just the power to grant absorption/assimilation ability to his men. *shrugs*

Now that I think about it, Ba'almon might have something to do with this. He is a "shinigami".
[Image: signature.png]
Oh, yes. Currently read C3 as well. Interesting changes from the anime, indeed. Those seem to make the manga as if it is it's own independent series.
New Xros, huh. Wonder if Taiki's gonna fuse Dorulumon and Shoutmon without Ballistamon. It'd be weaker, but still new.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
^ Dorurucannon.
Pretty nice Episode 8, don't know why Sheik is a Merc but i guess thats not important.

Looks like you got your wish DMX, more talk from Balistamon!
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Well, I guess episode 8 clears up the "He/She" issue with Cutemon. xD