Join our server on Discord

Digimon Xros Wars Episode 1!
(07-14-2010 08:38 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: 2) Rookie (Probably) owns various enemies rather effortlessly. Morph into Voltron via Digi-Xros (3) and own an entire army with the same lack of effort.

Well, the only Digimon Shoutmon "owns" is a single armor Digimon. The other attacks more or let hit and stun/confuse, etc. when mixed with the other attacks. The ShoutmonX3 (no legs yet) is on par with an ultimate level, X4 being Mega of course. The Shoutmon with Star Swords seemed to equate to a high level champion attack, on MadLeomon who was already kinda kicked around.

(07-14-2010 08:38 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: 3) Digi-Xros? Where did the amazing digivolution process we all love go? Or was it eaten up by a Guilmon while I wasn't looking? Now we have a revamped DNA-digivolution sequence? Argh. They could've done this in the middle of the series, as a newly-introduced weapon of mass destruction for the heroes, like they did with DNA digivolution in 02 and the Blue Cards in Tamers and the Fused Spirits in Frontier, but no. Let's hurriedly give fans something to oogle at while virtually eliminating what they already drooled at before.

It's not like this new evolution thing was a suprise, they have been talking about it since day 1. Frontier changed evolution episode 1 when they cut Digimon from the equation. 02 did it episode 1 with Armor evolutions. This is not the first time new evolution processes have occured, and the most out of tradition one was Frontier.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Quote:It's not like this new evolution thing was a suprise, they have been talking about it since day 1. Frontier changed evolution episode 1 when they cut Digimon from the equation. 02 did it episode 1 with Armor evolutions. This is not the first time new evolution processes have occured, and the most out of tradition one was Frontier.

Frontier did something completely different altogether. There were no Digimon Partners there. I'm talking about the Kid with his Digivice (Whichever version) making his Digimon Digivolve. The Armor Digivolution was fine, they didn't get the power to obliterate armies like that and when returning to Frontier, again, the kids didn't get the power to crush many enemies at once until they had the upgrades much later on.

This is me whining though. It's not like I expect nor am demanding changes to incur in the new series.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Voltron owning an entire army was a dream, so you can't hold that power as a negative yet. That dream also put him on equal footing with a lone Greymon.

I consider the fusion between that Toy version of the frontier's fat kid's Beast spirit and Shoutmon to be Voltron too. Because of the zoom in to the head.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Wait until 3 to 5 episodes before you say watch or drop. That's the best thing to do.
So far, I am liking this series. Better than nothing at all, they say.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
It's cool though because it is different from the other ones.

Just look at Pokemon, that shit hasn't broken tradition since day one and that's what the show is: shit.

Digimon mixes it up, it keeps it interesting.

Yeah. Pokemon has the games that change and the anime that doesn't.
(07-16-2010 01:43 PM)UnknownH Wrote: Yeah. Pokemon has the games that change and the anime that doesn't.

Yup. Same protagonist and main Pokemon for now almost a decade.
Light and Darkness, the balance for which is the Shadow--the perfect sphere of order. One cannot live without the other...
The games were always, and probably still, fun stuff.

Anyhow, as for Xros Wars. It seems like evolution is moving at an interesting pace. Will we see true evolutions later on? Will it be like season 2 where is Xrosing the first half and then traditional evolution from then on? To me it looks like KingShoutmon has a pretty definitive design!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)