Join our server on Discord

Plan B Minus {Crimson/Kyo RP}
"Well, would the "Prince" even have time to deal with us?" Kyosan questioned, puzzling Freya's actions as he imagined Princes to be busy with official business, before then shrugging. "Up to you though, you know this world better then me."

"Well, we've got nothing better to do, so let's try?" Lurea puzzled, putting her finger to her lips while slotting the Death Ray to her belt across her jeans.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
"Well, I am head of dragoons now, and in a way, head of security. This airship might be trouble, so he should be able to make time for me." Freya walked towards the doors and asked the guard, "Soldier, whose ship is that?"

"Lady Freya, ma'am!" replied the guard in a somewhat panicked tone. Being a new recruit, he wished to sound proper towards the veteran. "Wished" being the key word. "A hooded man came, offering our land a chance at an airship. The Prince...erm King, allowed him in after we checked him for weapons. They're negotiating for one right now."

"Thank you. We'll be entering now." Freya was about to pass through when the door guard remained in position and pointed towards the others behind her.

"L-Lady Freya, look out, there's a monster behind you!" The trainee drew his sword and glared towards the Goblin. "Sneaky devil, I'll get ya!"

Squirt's eyes grew wide from the sight of the blade and he hid behind Lurea's legs.

Crimson then stood in front of Lurea and told the recruit, "Hey, watch it, dude. I'll kill ya five times before you even hit the ground if you scratch, Lu."
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Noticing the sudden hostility of the guard, Kyosan stepped in-between the two, grunting with a sigh before then staring onto the recruit. "Rookie, we are accomplices of Lady Freya. Trust in Lady Freya and let us pass." He muttered, not wishing to sound like a provoke but rather an advice, which came out quite strongly.

Lurea gulped hardly, but couldn't help and admire Crimson's bravery at defending her, blushing darkly across her cheeks while grasping at his side. Still so charming as ever... She thought softly to herself.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
"Whoa, sir, I wasn't fighting you guys. Just that Goblin that's sneaking around back there." The rookie groaned as he tried to get around to attack the shrimpy monster.

Freya then firmly placed her hand on the new recruit's shoulder and told him, "At ease, soldier. He is a tamed monster."

The rookie seemed rather wary, but decided that one goblin couldn't be much trouble, especially with Lady Freya on the job. "Yes, ma'am. You and your accomplices are free to enter the castle." He then opened the wooden doors for them and stepped aside, giving Freya an very long and overly elaborate salute.

"Say Freya, that guy's name wouldn't happen to be Rimmer, would it?" asked Crimson while they entered the tower, the fox chuckling lightly.

"Well, it's funny that you..." The dragoon was interrupted when the meeting hall's doors suddenly opened with a hooded figure stomping off.

The hooded man looked towards them and looked at Crimson, Kyosan, and Lurea with some interest before uttering in a raspy voice, "If you wish to speak to the king, be my guest. I warn you all though, that child is a stubborn one. Hardly fit to be a ruler in my humble opinion." He then stomped outside of the building, while the humming of a large engine started to fill the air.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
"Funny things happen in the ends of the universe, huh? Kyosan chuckled as he soon followed after watching the rookie all the way through, before hearing Crimson's question. As the hooded man slipped by, the dragon froze, turning slowly around and watching him out. "Why would anyone need to be hooded, Freya?"

"Well that was rude." Lurea huffed after they had got past the rookie, before then shuffling by the hooded man, blinking gently. "And well, that was just as rude!" She huffed even more, folding her arms in a cute pout.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Freya sighed a little, wishing things were a bit calmer for her new friends. "Sorry about that. The rookies are just a little jumpy around newcomers because of the past, please forgive him." The dragoon then looked at Kyo and told him, "Hmmm, I'm not sure why he's hooded, but some of the races on our planet aren't the most attractive to say the least. I find it an unnecessary trifle, but some people will veil themselves when visiting other lands. It's mostly just merchants though that are hooded since they travel so much, the man was probably upset about the king refusing his wares or something." She then opened the doors to the throne room and quickly mentioned to them, "We aren't very strict with customs when it comes to the king, but please address him as King Puck or any proper title like that."

Squirt continued to hide behind Lurea's legs as they slowly entered the throne room, the short monster a bit humbled by the gaping royal hall.

Crimson looked ahead and saw a small rat child dressed in some princely clothes and a elaborate hat atop his head. "Your highness?"

Puck nodded before he looked at the group before them, and asked, "Lady Freya, please step aside." Once the dragoon took a few steps to the side, the boy took a good look at all of them, a bit mystified. They didn't quite look like any of the other anthro races he had seen in this world, but he decided to be courteous, "Welcome to my kingdom. I'm sure Lady Freya told you already, but I'm King Puck. I know our land isn't much to look at right now, but it's nice to have visitors all the same. Please, give me your names."
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Hi! This used to include an old post, but due to ancient egypsun spoiler attacks, the old comment seems to be missing! Terribly sorry for any inconvenience!
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Everyone gave the king a polite bow before the fox told him, "Crimson, my lord."

"Squirt..." The goblin then hid behind Lurea's legs once again.

Geez, what a motley group. Well, if Freya let them in, they probably won't cause much trouble at least. King Puck nodded and told them, "Thank you. If you don't mind, could you tell me your business in my land?"

"We're just visiting is all, your highness." The scientist managed to hold in his chuckles, finding Puck's crown rather ridiculous, especially considering the child's size.

"I see." Puck's interest seemed to waning if all he was dealing with was tourists.

Freya nodded, and told the royal Burmecian, "My lord, pardon for asking, but who was that man that stormed off a moment ago?"

The king sighed, but granted her request since she was the head of security. "Meh, some shady merchant from Alexandria, or that's where he claims he's from. He offered our nation a chance to buy an airship, but we didn't see eye to eye on the price. If I didn't see that ship of his outside in action, I wouldn't have believed such a thing was possible again."

"Indeed. Hard to believe it's been three years." Freya seemed a bit saddened by the quick passage of time, but regained her composure. "My lord, with your permission, may I allow our guests some beds in the barracks?"

Puck nodded and told her, "Fine, we can spare a room I suppose. Dismissed."
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
"Well, that went not too bad." Kyosan murmured under his breath, expecting a more harsh response from the king but didn't dismay the kindness he had shown, before then taking a small bow and approaching Freya's side again. "So, shall we head to the Barracks?"

"That was nice!" Lurea giggled, cuddling up once again to Crimson's arm as they began to all exit, beaming eagerly like she normally would. "At least we have beds now!"
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
OOC: Warning, lots of story between Freya and King Puck in order to set up the next part of this chapter. :P

Freya nodded and told them, "The barracks are to your right as you leave the tower. I'll be with you all shortly." Once they had all left, she turned towards the king and told him, "Thank you for your generosity, your highness."

Puck sighed and told her, "We're alone now, you can drop the act." He set his crown down beside him on the throne, thankful that his head didn't have to support the elaborate hat anymore. "Monsters, airships, and odd people visiting my kingdom. What's going on, Freya, huh?"

The dragoon shook her head and told him, "I have no idea, but I believe we can trust those three. They just seem to be from a far away land. In any case, they aren't in league with the monsters. I saw them fight a band of Bombs myself."

"Well, except for that shrimpy goblin, but I'll take your word for it. Personally, I'm more worried about that character trying to sell those airships. You and your friends told everyone about what the Mist really was, about how it spawned all those monsters even though it powered our airships. Seems like a real load of crap, but we all ended up seeing that Lifa Tree tear through the world." Puck shook his head and motioned for a nearby maid to fetch him a drink. "So much for that thing dying though. Any ideas about what's going on?"

"I believe we're correct in assuming there's a connection between the new airships and the monsters, but in order to be sure, I'd have to track the airships to the source. I had assumed they were being made in Lindblum, but Alexandria isn't out of the question now that you've brought up that salesman." Freya closed her eyes and tried to think hard about the situation.

"I don't like this. If the monsters keep growing in numbers, then they'll overrun us before we have a chance to rebuild. If I had the manpower, I'd send a team out to investigate." Puck then took the glass of wine from the maid and sighed in relief once his thirst was quenched.

"Well, those three already offered their help. With me to guide them and my connections to the leaders of both cities, perhaps we can find some answers." Freya had hoped he would accept this idea. She knew they needed soldiers to defend against the monsters, but it wouldn't do much good if they didn't stop the source.

Puck seemed reluctant before telling her, "I don't really like it. I'm sure we can defend the city here for a while, but I'm more worried about those three. What do we really know about them?"

"Admittedly, yes, they're outsiders, but they may work out. It will be easier to blend in and find things out if I go with a group that looks like just a bunch of tourists."

"......You've helped me a lot these last three years, Freya. I know I still have a lot to learn about ruling this kingdom, but I'll trust your judgment. Don't be gone for too long though, we do need you here as well."

Freya nodded and told him, "I vow to find the root of this problem quickly, my lord." She saluted the king before she left the room, and started to head towards the barracks. Poor child, I know he hates all the formalities, but at least he cares.

(The Barracks)

Crimson opened the door to the building and found it almost deserted, with most of the soldiers out doing field exercises or patrolling the city limits. "Hmmm, I wonder what room we can have?"

"The one at the end should do for you all." Freya appeared behind them and uttered, "I apologize for taking so long, but we should have enough room for you all back there. Shall we have a look?"
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions