Join our server on Discord

most "infamous" rookie
(06-06-2010 01:42 PM)UnknownH Wrote: We all have favorite characters. Wise is a fan of Junpei since he was like him, I like Miyako and Ranamon for reasons part unknown to me. A good portion of the board have a strange but somewhat understandable like for Renamon.
GP1 has a similar thing for Lucemon. And Pink Floyd but that part is next to the point.

Pink Floyd isn't my only favorite band. You forget about that dude. Also, I don't have a "strange....like" as you plainly described above.
Oh it's not strange at all for anyone to be biased toward a favorite. Everyone has favorites, like Lord Patamon likes- guess who! XD *Snuggles Patamon*

Renamon is just a plain favorite. She's strong, loyal, cool, and a female, breaking several molds about males being the tough, surly ones. I used to be totally obsessed with her (she was my favorite digimon to play as in Digimon Rumble Arena, not because she was strong, but because she's a NINJA~) when I first saw her, before I was a furry. Now it's safe to say that I have no favorite digimon, but I am still biased toward others! X3 (Like Weregarurumon! I don't care if he isn't as smexay as Leomon, he's just much gruffer looking and I likey gruff! XD)

I suppose it's okay to say that in the Digimon Universe, at least in 04, Lucemon is the most infamous, what with him being the dude that stopped the war between Beast and Human digimon, getting corrupt with power and becoming a bad boy and a powerful rookie at that...

But in the fanbase... well... type in "renamon" in google, and compare the number of search results with ANY OTHER individual digimon name. X3
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
I'm not all obsessed with Lucemon, as UnknownH has stated a few posts ago. He's a cool digimon, for being a rookie; but, I'm not some fantaical creep about it. I do not relate sort of to him.
(06-06-2010 11:42 PM)grandphoenix1 Wrote: Pink Floyd isn't my only favorite band. You forget about that dude. Also, I don't have a "strange....like" as you plainly described above.

Mostly messing with you. Why do you like him then?
(06-07-2010 01:18 PM)UnknownH Wrote:
(06-06-2010 11:42 PM)grandphoenix1 Wrote: Pink Floyd isn't my only favorite band. You forget about that dude. Also, I don't have a "strange....like" as you plainly described above.

Mostly messing with you. Why do you like him then?

He is a real badass for being a kid, you know. For having just infinite power, and just pw3ning the shit out of megas.
XD I didn't say you were obsessed, I said I was obsessed with Renamon when I was younger!

And I'm sure he didn't have infinite power, or he wouldn't have had to digivolve to Lucemon Chaos Mode. I mean- he killed the Royal Knights just like that, and they were giving the kids such a hard time, killing the kids should've been a snap. Yet... he didn't kill them. Typical villain folly. XD

He can take a lesson from this! http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Ma...erlordList
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Psycho Backlasher. He could have easily wipped their ass in his rookie mode. It's a fact; he could have pw3nd both BurningGreymon and Magnagrurmon with at least 2 Grand Cross attacks.
Quote:He could have easily wipped their ass in his rookie mode. It's a fact; he could have pw3nd both BurningGreymon and Magnagrurmon with at least 2 Grand Cross attacks.

That's not called a fact. That's called a supposition or for a less complex word, a "what if".

The fact is, Lucemon pulled a super-villain folly (Overwhelmed by his own self-conceited superiority to pay attention to the heroes) instead, and got himself killed over it. Not saying that makes him less cool, Apocalymon killed everyone and they still came back. So it's not like Lucemon killing everyone would've made any difference at all.

Also, you're being awfully and unnecessarily defensive, grandphoenix1. People aren't trying to argue the point that Lucemon isn't awesome or that you're obsessed, all they asked was if you had some sort of fanatic devotion towards Lucemon as a reference to how many topics you've started where you've ultimately bragged about Lucemon's good qualities; probably pulling at your leg as Unknown said.

So let's go back to infamity.

I still think Demi-Devimon was awfully annoying in all his appearances. Annoying is a nice variation of infamity, is it not?

And on the topic of Renamon, why have you guys mentioned her? o_O People DROOL at her. That'd make her the polar opposite, that is, famous.

Patamon never really stood out except with the Angemon episode in Adventure 01 in my opinion. Still, his good deeds edge him towards fame rather than infamity as with the one above, unless people actually find him irritably annoying and I never noticed that is.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(06-08-2010 09:30 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: And on the topic of Renamon, why have you guys mentioned her? o_O People DROOL at her. That'd make her the polar opposite, that is, famous.

People do drool over her yes, but in some people's eyes having a person as object of lust is infamity. plus she can kick your ass without you even facing her.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Quote:but in some people's eyes having a person as object of lust is infamity

I don't think we count, particularly. :P
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad