Join our server on Discord

An Attempt to Explain the Anti-Renamon Sentiment
Gnostic Metatron Prime Wrote:This is entirely the wrong way to bring in new artists. Inevitably, every time something needs to be changed, there's always someone who suggests, "Well, why don't we make it look better?". The thing is, that won't solve our problem. It'll just make it look better.

And as for incentives, that's another step in the wrong direction. A EXP system will just push the oldbies up even further and intimidate the noobs. Now, on Scribble's board, the EXP system works mainly because it's sort of a closed forum. The people there are more tightly knit than people here. In short, there are less noobs there. What we're trying to achieve here is more noobs. Much more.

Really.
Fine.

Then let this place go to hell, because some dinky apologize will fix nothing, and I doubt people will begin flocking here out of the goodness of their heart.

Your philosophy seems to be like if you look away from your gaping flesh wound, it'll eventually go away

You see, making it look better and adding more incentives will solve our problems.
Why?
Because this board is nothing except a plain old boring board where new pictures are scarce, the layout is terrible, and if I hadn't had known SK or Aya priorly, I would have gone with them.
It's that simple
YOLEI YOLEI YOLEI!!!!!!!

I dont think it's a secret I'm a huge fan of the lavender haired lass with the glasses ^_^

Rena is okay I guess, but I've always been about mia miyako ^_^

Far as the board going downhill, the reason is mostly because most are far too dramatic about it to begin with.

Tis about having fun, not about Renamon, or any other board.

Chill out people and bask in the wonder which is Miyako =O
Mikhail de la Qu'ran Wrote:Your philosophy seems to be like if you look away from your gaping flesh wound, it'll eventually go away

You see, making it look better and adding more incentives will solve our problems.
Why?
Because this board is nothing except a plain old boring board where new pictures are scarce, the layout is terrible, and if I hadn't had known SK or Aya priorly, I would have gone with them.
It's that simple

Ah, but if you can see that I'm not looking at the wound, then that would mean that you're looking at my face, and therefore, you too are looking away from the gaping flesh wound.

Actually, my philosophy on this matter is that if you treat the wound, it'll get better. Yours, on the other hand, seems to be that if you dress the fashionably, then no one will notice the wound.

You blame the structure of the board for the lack of artists. The board is conceptually perfect. Notice how it has the capability to hold so many different types: artists, authors, and fans. Despite the variations in the decorations and "incentives" between boards, all boards are conceptually equal. All boards are created as spaces in which people can gather. Even without the emoticons or the colors or the PM system, this board could still essentially function properly.

You talk of incentives. The DaD03 never had such things as an EXP system or virtual cash. And to my knowledge, you are the first person here to demand such things. And yet, the DaD03, despite the lack of incentives, was never wanting for artists. So perhaps, then, the DaD03 had something that this board did not...

PRAISE. The true incentive. It may not buy you luxuries, but it can make a labor of love into something more. It may not raise your level, but it can make all of your hard work seem like it accomplished something. I wonder if maybe you have forgotten the feel of praise, and if this is the reason why you deny its importance. I think many of the artists who have left us have forgotten the taste of praise, because they did not receive enough of it here.
*nods*
I fully agree with you, Gnostic.

The PHPBB is a variable, yet mighty board system. A lot of places use it, and that attracts people who are posting on more than one board because they know how it works without having to read through FAQs to determine why they suddenly need STATS. This is no stinking newbie system, it is structured and established.
Very few people choose their staying place based on how pretty the board looks, but rather pick the place where they feel accepted.
So yes, this is a plain board. I can actually make out who posted what and what stuff goes into which sub-board. All postings here look equal, placing newbies on the same visual level as die-hard board professionals. I like it BECAUSE it is so "plain", user-friendly and reliable.

Would you actually risk yet another board change, hoping that ALL the users are willing to register accounts once again?

And yes, Yolei/Miyako is a beauty ^__^
Word to Mr.B, GMP and Chibi B yo! lol

I agree with you guys it's about fun, and I really don't care if the board comes off as plain, I wouldn't want it all trashed up like a hooker getting beat up for a 5 dollar blow job, instead I would prefer it for it's adversity, good people and it's substance, all which I think makes this board good.
Back to the original point of the topic...

Like many others, it was the Renamon craze that drove me from the old DaD03 in the first place. Of course then I didn't really draw much.. I was just starting out. Hell I did make a few things and posted them. They got almost nothing in replies in comparison to other top hits at the time. And since I sure as hell I don't like drawing Renamon and adding to the craze, I never really continued my drawing. I eventually separated myself from the entire DaD board becuase of this.

From there I found other places like the DHZ or even Hybrid Halogen's new board for right now. There was just about no preference for any certain characters, so there wasn't any limit such as only drawing Renamon. I got motivation and praise of course... and look at my art now! Due to praise and such, I managed to become what I am now. And the lack of Renamn purists begging for renamon here, I now return (to some extent) even though I may only get 5 to 10 posts per pic I post after I put a LOT of work into them. That brings up another problem all together.

So... I actually find the anti renamon sentiment a GOOD thing... yet if it turns to the point where evereyone absolutely HATES renamon then it starts all over again... the Renamon artists will leave and head for other places. Damn it's good to keep it all equal... as well as not separating the top artists (Prophet, Acchan, B.. the list goes on) from the lesser new artists. Those are the 2 things that keep the balance of artists here. Incentives don't really have anything to do with it... it's all praise! (Praise feels good damnit :P ) I've tried drawing stuff in the beginning.. the DaD03 time period. No praise = almost no motivation to draw at all. No praise = BAD!!! Evil

---------------------------

On a separate note, it seems funny how now that the Renamon craze has passed over, everyone is actually showing their ture favs... such as Mr. B over there and his Miyako/Yolei. And then of course me and my Biyomon and Sora. :P Before it was hard to see anyone saying their fav was much besides Renamon.
I myself am guilty of hardly going to the artist's domain at all up until I started to take my won drawing seriously, which, I admit, is pretty self interested of me. I never really knew much about this situation until after it had happened. It's a shame things got like that, but I guess we can put it all past us and move on. I hope.
*Adds his 2 cents*

I must also add that homosexual art seems to disgust/scare/freak a lot of people and they just seem to see the content, not the art itself which is sad.
Well Sky, thats kinda how it happens. Not everyone is female, and/or gay, so you will encounter those in your life who just wont care for the gay content, regardless of the effort put into it. Sometimes regardless, although there are those who will complement you and but just say its not their cup of tea.

What you should do is grow some fangs and see how vampire enthusiasts are treated. I've been discriminated against regardless of gender or sexual preference. Thats something that "normal" people really find icky. You could also read between the lines and see how black people are treated. More of a realistic example, thats outside the net.

I state this because you come across as saying that its just people that are freaked out by gay stuff here. This is not the case. You may find the lack of discrimination at the FAA as being different, and you are right. Thats a predominately tolerating place. But it would be healthy to prepare yourself that your not going to be accepted by every person you meet.

And although there are some people who dont care for the yaoi content here, you are not alone.
i'll say this, once there was a time when seeing gay pieces would have made me make a face like i had been kicked in the nads. i grew a sense of aprishation to the art work and the work thats put into that kind of art. it a fact of life that people are gay, bisexual, vampires or vorenuts art is art no matter how disturbing someone else may find it.

some people may eprishate it but there are always homophobes or those who just can't accept several diffrent walks of life. i can't say i feel that way now and for reasons choice people know. I know i like both Renamon art, Skys art and others like it. i've kept myself open to things i may not like and evenly respect them all.

its not just you who notices the diffrences in opinions, and frankly i dont really eprishate the narrow minded people who flame others for their tastes.

i just ran out of things to say. heh opps ^~^"

Ryoku