Join our server on Discord

Shin Megami Tensei RPG.
lol, it was just a comparison with Mass Effect, Crimson :P I'm basically hinting that the guys are evil with their methods, such as killing anybody who gets in their way just because they are in their way or making use of live human shields to prevent themselves from being hit. That kind of stuff!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Alrighty, Mar and I have come up with a prototype for the plot. If anyone has anything to add or a different idea, don't be afraid to post. :P

The year is 2012, foretold by the Mayan calendar as the year of the apocalypse. When the fated year begins, odd happenings begin to occur in a small suburb of Osaka.

A murder case begins to grip the local high school, and students curious about the peculiar incident become trapped inside of the school. These students will have to cooperate in order to escape the school which seems to be sealed by a mysterious force. Along the way, they'll find clues which makes all of them suspicious of each other. Eventually though, they come across the source of the seal, a gigantic shadow that everyone suspects to be the murderer. During the fight with this creature, the student will awaken to a special power within them...Persona, the power to overcome life's obstacles and burden.

Upon escaping the school at the stroke of midnight, special e-mails are sent to the cellphones of those who hold the Wild Card (Fool Arcana) within themselves, meaning they have the power to house multiple persona. The e-mail gives the reader a choice. "Live in blissful ignorance or reach out to the truth." Choosing to reach out to the truth will allow the reader to enter a parallel world to their own based on the chaotic nature of the internet. A world built upon the thoughts and dreams of mankind. Within this internet world, the "Chosen" will have to do battle with the Shadows, masked creatures like the one within the school. It is soon discovered that are created from the purest thoughts within people. Some are corrupt and dangerous, these Shadows are formed from the paranoia, lust, lies, and sins of internet users.

Other threats include the I.D.s (Interdimensional Demons), which are Shadows who have cast off their masks but retain their darker nature. Rather than become Persona to bare harsh reality and reach out to the truth, I.D.s embrace their sins and lies, while attempting to draw others into their fold. I.D.s are very dangerous as they actually have a sense of self and high level thought. Though they all seek to put an end to mankind, their methods vary from demon to demon. Some I.D.s will use their powers to kill ordinary people outright since they cannot be seen by those without Personas. Other I.D.s though have more devious methods, using digital viruses to infect people, forcing them to turn into Shadows before long.

Those who have the power of the Wild Card will be able to let other inside the Internet World when things get turbulent in order to fight the Shadows and I.D.s. Though the school's computer lab will be their initial base of operations, those with the Wild Card can bring people inside through any working computer.

Soon though, more Shadows and I.D.s make their way into our world. This is when the group of students have a split over methods and goals. One group (Paragon) seeks to try and save those infected by the I.D.s, while working to put an end to the other dimension and the Shadows. The other group (Renegade) finds it too dangerous to let the infected live since they'll eventually turn into Shadows, and thus will kill them. The Renegades also seek to keep the Internet World intact, knowing that if it disappears, their powers may also disappear as well, and they'll be forced by to a boring, mundane reality.

Though both groups are eager to stop the Shadows and I.D.s, but they'll be forced to fight each other at times over keeping the Internet World available, and how to deal with infected.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Crimson, that actually sounds great. X3 It's very reminiscent of Persona 4, but it really captures the essence of the Shin Megami Tensei games. ^ ^ And I just wanted to add that the card summoning from Persona 4 is kinda cool, though Evokers kicked ass. I figure the cards allow for more creativity and individuality when summoning though because you could destroy it in a variety of ways. :3 But that's not the point at the moment. I say Crimson is really on to something~
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
*lol* Thanks, dude, though Mar helped me think of it. He thought up the scenario about the first encounter and the two groups of Persona users, while I came up with the internet world and the I.D.s.

You bring up a good point though Masq, we didn't actually come up with idea of what they summon their personas with. I'd be fine with either method really or something new all together.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Haven't played P4 yet so not too sure what their method looks like in action but the evokers were just awesome so they've got my vote.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I liked seeing the various ways a Persona card can be destroyed in to summon them, like crushing the mental card in front of you, shooting at it with a gun, slicing it in half with a dagger or round-housing it. I personally find Evokers an exaggerate way of saying emo.

But. If the majority wanna go for Evokers, I'm sure I or anybody else could come up with how the students will find a bunch of them. After all, we can always have the Fool Arcanas going into trance like P3's Hero and demonstrating what to do to summon a Persona unconsciously at first.

Well, make your opinion now or stay silent for eternity.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Actually, good point. All those ways of ripping a card apart sound fun. I have no idea where they would get those Evokers from anyways since all of our characters would be new Persona users, plus they wouldn't have access to a lab that constructs items to fight Shadows like Evokers or the Anti-Shadow robots.

So yeah, I vote for destroying tarot cards.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Yeah. That's right Crimson.

Nobody likes tarot cards.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
My vote is for the cards. :3
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
Shin Megami Tensei RPG?

I'M IN I'M IN I'M IN!11

A lover of The persona series would never miss such an opportunity :3

I also liked the story, though I found a lot of Devil Survivor Elements in it, it might just be coincidence, either way I just loved devil survivor so meh. Not complaining.

BTW, I vote for the cards *Wants to rip them in half with a big-ass sword* Twisted
Now major Joshua and TWEWY fan.
The OCA