Join our server on Discord

Shin Megami Tensei RPG.
So, enough time has passed since I played Persona 3 FES and Persona 4. Was thinking that since the community's so open about these that maybe we could start. Of course, the game would have an orientation of a god or goddess that's plot deviced as invisible who's attempting to grant the collective and subconscious wish of humanity of death.

There'll also be Shadows and Personae as well, and there'll be an unillateral method of unlocking them, but it would be cool if we could all talk about how we could do it since P3 sounds ideal but the Tartarus thing is kinda iffy to me; and P4 requires a dungeon to be dedicated to a single player's character who does NOT have a Persona. Maybe they could control the shadows and the Master Shadow of their own dungeon?

I've lots of mixed ideas of how this could develop but I'd gladly appreciate people to start giving inputs on how this could be played. Anybody's welcome, and if they feel enticed by what they've read so far but don't know about SMT I could explain it to them, so don't be shy! Let's start discussing.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well if you don't like the tartarus thing you culd go with something like the original persona's had. With the demons actually entering the real world only they can't be seen except by thoes who have persona, or have come close to death/experienced it, bringing them close to the edge between the two worlds.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
That's cool for a setting, but things could kind of get out of control fast if we start out with demons running rampant at anywhere they please. We would get disperse groups of characters that, at the start, isn't recommendable. Maybe we could come up with some sort of secluded area to get everyone accustomed to each other?

Also, I don't know about everyone else but I prefer Shadows to demons. Shadows are cool in the sense they basically are fears or dirty secrets given physical form, which gives a broader menu to everyone to design their own monsters as we go around.

Speaking of Shadows, we also need to come up with a consensuated way to bring Personae to life, like using Evokers (P3) or just surviving against your own Shadow (P4).
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
That's a good idea Shadow about the demons not being able to be seen by those not with the persona power. It could start off with multiply murders happening around the city that the people in the real world feels it's just random cases of heart failure.

I would vote for the evokers as it gives a device to the unleashing rather then what P4 did which was 'bam here I am' effect.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
It's like a whole different language in here... lol
I am not Toph! I am Melon Lord! Muahahahahaha!
You don't know Shin Megami Tensei? If you're interested in the RPG idea I can tell you about it in private. I also used to hate hearing about Persona chats, I never really understood anything anybody said but after playing 4 and 3 I kind of got a feel for it.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Didn't we already do a Persona RPG? I could have sworn we did.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Quote:Didn't we already do a Persona RPG? I could have sworn we did.

Not precisely, Joey. Shadow tried to come up with a Persona-esque RPG that involved a tartarus-like plot that focused on choosing sides during the night and be clueless during the day, not only that, but the Persona was integrated with the character, in other words, it's not what I'm trying to do. I wanna keep the traditional scheme of having to summon them for a brief moment to kick ass!

Oh, and I've another idea we could consensuate. Y'know how in P3 and P4 (Since they're the only ones I paid serious attention to) The Fool Arcanna is the one that holds endless potential and thus they've multiple personalities and at the same time that means they can hold multiple Personae in their soul? Well, my idea is that we only have two Fool Arcanna users for this RPG, and they'll be summoned to the Velvet Room together, at the same time, because they somehow share some sort of mystical bond that makes them share their soul in two halves, one half in in each of those two people. In other words, they are incomplete human beings so they can never attain the endless potential to defy reality like the heroes from 3 and 4, at least by normal means.

However, I was thinking that they may be able to be the leaders of two opposite factions. Comparing it with Mass Effect- one of them could be following a Paragon-oriented path (Good side) and the other one would follow a Renegade-oriented path (Evil side). Both would have the same end though: To save humanity from themselves. Like in any Shin Megami Tensei game :3

tl;dr: Let's have two Fool Arcanna users that are summoned to the Velvet Room together. That'll give us two sides to choose from: Evil and Good. We'll pursuit the game's plot in that way.

How does that sound? :3
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Sweet! I've only played Persona 3 FES and Persona 4, but I like this idea!

Hmmm, would the Renegade side be more of an anti-hero side then rather than evil? If they're still trying to prevent humanity from destroying itself, then they aren't exactly evil. They wouldn't be like the Strega Persona users from P3 which tried to help bring about Nyx and created that crazy cult.

Also, while I do like the idea of different dungeons (one of the reasons I like P4 more than P3), I can understand having a single dungeon for convenience's sake.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Bloody hell, that does it, I'm ordering P4 and P3 soon. I want in on this crazy stuff.

Mar, darnit, tell me about it! D:
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds