Join our server on Discord

Work anecdotes.
Just yesterday, a desperately unattractive girl a year younger than me came into the store. She'd been in sice the beginning of February because her cellphone bill got fucked up. When she got her phone, she was supposed to have gotten an extra package that gave her unlimited texting and unliminted mobile browsing. But she didn't, so she ended up with about $450 of extra charges on her bill.

Thing is, it was on the contract that she signed that she WASN'T getting those features. I saw it. Her signature's on it. In my mind, it's her fault that she didn't read the contract fully before signing it - or even the first page where it clearly shows all the features you're getting. But anyway, I'm not the manager so I didn't get to handle it. He was being nice and really trying to work with her on it to put through a bill adjustment for her to get it all done off, but kept telling her that they could refuse it because she signed the contract under those terms.

They went back and forth a few times continuing to repeat the same things over and over, and then she worked herself up into crying. I had to turn away and bite my lips extremely hard to keep from laughing.

Truly, I find nothing in this world more pathetic than people who cry in public over their own stupidity. I only wish there had been customers in the store at the same time to make her feel even more like an idiot, because it was truly the most hilarious thing I've seen happen in work since I was hired. Even recounting this story makes me laugh.

I guess you could say I'm a terribly unempathetic person. Well, I already know that, and I can't say it bothers me much. I can empathize just fine with people who matter to me, but if you're going to come whirling into my store hurling profanities and you work yourself up into a crying jag, expect nothing but laughter and derision from me. :3
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

You know, I've been kayaking for 4 years now, and I still don't have a single interesting story concerning customers. And almost every other guide does. Kinda depressing actually. When the customers ask for stories, I have to end up telling OTHER guides stories.