Join our server on Discord

Pokemon Generation V announced
Digimon world 3 you are limited in the number of digimon you can have, but since all of them are capable of gaining every digivolution path in the game, there are too many possible team combinations to list here.

The DNA digivolution system was an interesting mechanic though.. Some of them being more useful than others. Also, it may just be me, but I think I noticed that even when using the same combo, sometimes it was weaker when leading with one partner rather than the other.

The badge thing was kindof lame, but in the end, it wasn't the actual main goal.. It was a means to gain access to the final mission, which, unlike Pokemon, was entirely unrelated to the badges.

I do agree though, that Gold, Silver, and Crystal were the best of the pokemon games as far as being actual sequels, but if you really think about it. the others are more like the Final fantasy (And the later Dragon quest) games in that they weren't made to be sequels.. just similar games based in a new world (Or at least a variant on the old one)
"You are such a smartass."
"Objectively I am very smart, although it has nothing to do with my ass."
Well they're supposed to be like sequels but you just don't go back to them. You just see sites and stuff from them. You'd need a good boat to get back there.
If the new Pokemon game wants to amaze me, they have to dramatically change their game. The Pokemon Master crap from the previous generations is not going to cut it this time around. How about some really intense world domination thing this time around? Perhaps go to space? Hmm... maybe I shouldn't have played Star Ocean before posting this.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Like beating the elite four is only the first half of the game, then you discover some evil organization using pokemon to conquer the world (Yeah that's never been done before lol) only they used twisted science to make freaky cyborg pokemon! Kinda like bosses, can tackle them with your entire party of pokemon at once, but the thing's are still gonna put up a huge fight even with that advantage.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
So basically, just make the game like the manga? A couple of people have said that. Games and anime.
(02-28-2010 02:33 PM)UnknownH Wrote: So basically, just make the game like the manga? A couple of people have said that. Games and anime.
Sounds like a decent idea, stick pokemon into an RPG format with the traditional fighting system...although the question remains as to what perspective to put it in...i doubt many pokeymanists would be as easily convinced into a 3rd or 1st person perspective for the overworld.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
No, I mean the manga they have of pokemon. It's very different. They actually change characters.
I'd actually enjoy having the option to join the bad guys. Instead of automatically saying no like they have you do in EVERY DAMN GAME! I wanna be an evil bitch and use pokemon to blow stuff up ^_^

That, or attack random people whether they're trainers or not.
If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
You got close enough in the first Gamecube game.
Never played the gamecube ones :( Could never find a copy when I wanted to buy them.
If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.