Join our server on Discord

What is the best gaming computer to get?
Nah, Quad-Cores aren't that expensive, as they're really common. Looked on Newegg, and a 2.6GHz Quad-Core was $95 (366 pesos)

But dual-core should be fine.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Well, the ones here are around 600-700, and that meant I'd be getting in over my ideal budget ;(
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(02-28-2010 03:22 AM)Erethzium Wrote: Yeah, but for most things, processor power is best :3

And unless you're running a 64-bit OS, 4GB of ram is as much as you can use.
Do you happen to know what the maximum for a 64-bit OS is AWL? I know 32's hit the wall at 4GB, but i'm not sure on the 64s...I mean, there are boards out there that can support 16GB of RAM but i'm not certain that is the limit.

Currently, i'm running my home-built rig with 3GB of RAM, an Intel quad core processor, GeForce EN8600GT graphics card, with Vista 32 bit operation system and a 250GB master drive and 120GB slave drive. All bolted on to an Asus P5QL Pro board (Which can take up to 16GB of RAM :P).
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
32-Bit OS has max of 4GB

As far as I know, 64-bit OS has no limit on RAM, though really, anything over 8GB is just wasteful.

According to Apple:

Quote:64-bit computing shatters that [4GB] barrier by enabling applications to address a theoretical 16 billion gigabytes of memory, or 16 exabytes.

So yeah, pretty much no limit on RAM. But like I said, anything over 8GB is not needed. More RAM means faster computing, but the more RAM you have, the less effect each GB or MB of RAM has. IE, it diminishes with quantity.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
My friend Zach finished putting together my new computer today. Probably way outdated by the standards of our high tech geeks, but it's way better than what I had before.

Pentium 4 2.4ghz dual core processor
2gb of ram
2X 120gb hard drives.
Dvd burner/player (Not sure of the speed)

My computer I was using before had less than half of that.. A lot less actually.. So I am happy with it.
"You are such a smartass."
"Objectively I am very smart, although it has nothing to do with my ass."
mine is

- Intel Core 2 Dual.
- 4 GB RAM.
- 500 GB HD.
- 2 GB Video Card. (Don't ask the name, I never remember)
- 19" LCD Monitor.