Join our server on Discord

What is the best gaming computer to get?
I should probably let you guys know, you're talking to another one of the bots.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
(02-25-2010 09:09 PM)Ryan Wrote: xD Well. I had a 2004 model once. Switched the ram in it. boom. Power supply went out as soon as I turned it on.

Well then, most likely a problem with the RAM, no? And of course a 6-year-old computer is gonna have some issues. The LX6810-01 was put on the market in 2009, not 2004 :P

And meh, I don't care if I'm talking to a bot, as long as I get to sound geeky! :P
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
(02-26-2010 05:08 AM)Erethzium Wrote:
(02-25-2010 09:09 PM)Ryan Wrote: xD Well. I had a 2004 model once. Switched the ram in it. boom. Power supply went out as soon as I turned it on.

Well then, most likely a problem with the RAM, no? And of course a 6-year-old computer is gonna have some issues. The LX6810-01 was put on the market in 2009, not 2004 :P

And meh, I don't care if I'm talking to a bot, as long as I get to sound geeky! :P

I mean this was in 06 when it went kaput. RAM was fine.
(02-25-2010 09:24 PM)Asesino Wrote: I should probably let you guys know, you're talking to another one of the bots.

I really forgot that. Oh well. I declare this the thread for this. Screw the bot that posted it. *slams down ban-hammer*
A 6 year old computer doesn't always have to have issues.. I have a computer that's older than I am stuffed in the closet, and it still works... It just can't run anything new. Never really did any kind of maintainance to it either, wouldn't have known how back when I first got it. (Still don't know much...)
"You are such a smartass."
"Objectively I am very smart, although it has nothing to do with my ass."
I like having a computer that can run whatever game I'm fancying at the moment, but I'm not much of a PC gamer to begin with since I use emulators primarily, but I'm thinking of getting the following:

- Intel Dual Core 2.6Ghz.
- 2 GB RAM.
- 350 GB HD.
- 1 GB Video Card. (Don't ask the name, I never remember)
- 19" LCD Monitor.

I can get that all for 2,800 pesos, which approximately is 737 USD. Think it's a good price? o:
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Hrm, maybe. My PC's twice as powerful and cost me 900 USD, (PC setup + 23" monitor) which, according to XE, is 3400 pesos. The PC itself was 680. (2600 pesos)

Just looked on Amazon, there's a "Like-New Factory Refurbished" one for $549 (2100 pesos).

The one you're looking at, seeing the graphics card, I'm sure it could run most games easily, like TF2, ect. Though a quad-core processor would be best, dual-core is still nice.

(02-26-2010 07:48 AM)Ryan Wrote: I mean this was in 06 when it went kaput. RAM was fine.

Oh well, must have been defective or something.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Gotta consider the boost in price due to aduana (international checkpoint), which is probably why my buying seems so expensive. But either way, I was trying to mainly keep my budget under 3,000, which I could. Plus I can always buy an expansion for the RAM to get a total of 4 GB, right?
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Yeah, but for most things, processor power is best :3

And unless you're running a 64-bit OS, 4GB of ram is as much as you can use.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
That's alright, though. At the most I'll be playing Team Fortress II and maybe a new MMORPG or RTS in it, so it's okay I guess. Quadcore wasn't necessary according to my buddy, and this is a relative opinion considering the price I'd have to pay for a processor of that quality x:
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad