Join our server on Discord

The Review Team
I know I'm the new guy, but expanding sounds like a good idea. Maybe every month, the previous group of reviewers is abolished, and anyone who wants to start or continue doing it has to reapply. This way the list is current, those who don't do anything or don't like it are weeded out, and new people can hop in.

That is my two cents anyways.
(03-27-2010 11:24 AM)Ryan Wrote: Is the review team just for writing? Can it be expanded?

what would you have in mind to review? and what is the limit to reviews? just digimon related or any story?

and thanks for the current list of activity.
Many times lost, many times found again.
The OCA
What would I have in mind.... I review technology through my podcast. So Technology would be one. Music. Which I guess thats what the media board is for.
Quote:Is the review team just for writing? Can it be expanded?

The Review Team's original purpose can be plainly seen by checking where it's situated at. In other words, yes, it's just for reviewing literature-related work. I don't believe it's necessary to multiply its purposes seeing as demand for anything else isn't large enough, but that is up to the Administrators to decide. I can, however, provide insight to this matter if required.

Quote:I know I'm the new guy, but expanding sounds like a good idea. Maybe every month, the previous group of reviewers is abolished, and anyone who wants to start or continue doing it has to reapply. This way the list is current, those who don't do anything or don't like it are weeded out, and new people can hop in.

That is my two cents anyways

Don't worry, being a new guy doesn't make you any less prone to giving out good ideas than anybody else. Ryan was talking about multiplying purposes of the Review Team, though, not expanding the numbers of its participants, there was a small misconception there.

Your idea, however, seems kind of ideal for a future Review Team. We need to debate who's gonna take the lead on this renewal project though, I vote for Mike (Lost), to choose reviewers, since he keeps insisting on being the leader of this place <:3

Quote:What would I have in mind.... I review technology through my podcast. So Technology would be one. Music. Which I guess thats what the media board is for.

The Review Team is composed of people who review others' products (At this time, written products), and by others I mean the people of the boards. Last I checked we don't have anybody here who focuses on creating new technology for what your services would be required, and therefore, Technology isn't a purpose the Review Team needs. About Music, go to the DaD Media Experience, its very own purpose is for people to talk about anything related to the Media, Music Review included.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(03-28-2010 04:08 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote:
Quote:Is the review team just for writing? Can it be expanded?

The Review Team's original purpose can be plainly seen by checking where it's situated at. In other words, yes, it's just for reviewing literature-related work. I don't believe it's necessary to multiply its purposes seeing as demand for anything else isn't large enough, but that is up to the Administrators to decide. I can, however, provide insight to this matter if required.

Quote:I know I'm the new guy, but expanding sounds like a good idea. Maybe every month, the previous group of reviewers is abolished, and anyone who wants to start or continue doing it has to reapply. This way the list is current, those who don't do anything or don't like it are weeded out, and new people can hop in.

That is my two cents anyways

Don't worry, being a new guy doesn't make you any less prone to giving out good ideas than anybody else. Ryan was talking about multiplying purposes of the Review Team, though, not expanding the numbers of its participants, there was a small misconception there.

Your idea, however, seems kind of ideal for a future Review Team. We need to debate who's gonna take the lead on this renewal project though, I vote for Mike (Lost), to choose reviewers, since he keeps insisting on being the leader of this place <:3

Quote:What would I have in mind.... I review technology through my podcast. So Technology would be one. Music. Which I guess thats what the media board is for.

The Review Team is composed of people who review others' products
(At this time, written products), and by others I mean the people of the boards. Last I checked we don't have anybody here who focuses on creating new technology for what your services would be required, and therefore, Technology isn't a purpose the Review Team needs. About Music, go to the DaD Media Experience, its very own purpose is for people to talk about anything related to the Media, Music Review included.

So for creations. so if I put my music and graphics on people could review it?
I think you're misunderstanding, and I can see why as you only bolded the quote up to the first parenthesses which throws off what I meant if grabbed out of context.

To avoid further confusion, I'll break it down to you in a simple sentence: The current Review Team is working with Written products, in other words, fan-fiction or original fiction.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(note to self, Mikes is Lost, Mike is not me) I just don't want anyone to feel like this random guy who has never been here before is trying to change what you guys have going on. You seem like a tight group of people. Just making sure I don't off center that.
Even if you tried, you couldn't, trust me on that. Just focus on doing what you can and if its within limits, what you want. We want everyone to offer their ideas, doesn't matter their forum age.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(03-28-2010 01:49 AM)Ryan Wrote: What would I have in mind.... I review technology through my podcast. So Technology would be one. Music. Which I guess thats what the media board is for.

The purpose of the review team gets is to review user-generated fiction, Digimon-related or no. The most we'd expand to is artwork, and that's it. The term technology can get very vague, and it's not like we can go out and buy every new Apple product that's released in order to review it more accurately.

No, it strays away from the purpose of the review team, which is to critique user-generated content, and the most common fields are written and drawn. Since no one here is really a part of a band or makes music, it is pointless to try and specialize in that field.

DragonMasterX Wrote:Your idea, however, seems kind of ideal for a future Review Team. We need to debate who's gonna take the lead on this renewal project though, I vote for Mike (Lost), to choose reviewers, since he keeps insisting on being the leader of this place <:3

You caught me. Yes, I have been trying to take control of this section for the longest time in my global conquest to become the new king, and I am flattered that you would vote for me, Mar.

I don't know many of you that well outside of Mar, and I'd choose people based on certain traits that they possess. Right now, the only reviewer I can choose comfortably is Mar, because he knows his stuff about proper English; something I ironically never learned about in school.

Everyone who wants to apply for this should send me a PM, and I'll send you an application test for you to review, and then evaluate how you've done. Keep in mind, too, that you may end up being given content you don't really like (Yaoi, Tentacles, Gore, etc.). You will be given until Friday to fill it out. Anyone who doesn't turn it in on time will be disqualified until the next application tryouts. [/quote]
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
I'd apply, but i'm gonna have to pass on it, classes start up again next week. English 150 and some other classes, so maybe some other time. Hope this works out.
Many times lost, many times found again.
The OCA