Join our server on Discord

Secret Santas!
Okays I'll chip in.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
So, today's the day, guys. It's Friday already. I'm pretty excited there were so many people responding to the invitations at such a short whim, and I'm impressed we've 19 participants so far, added to that, I'm really happy people care about community events.

Other than that, I'm sad that not all the invitations were responded to even though I've seen people around the forums, but it's not within my place to force or instigate anybody to join this event, although to be honest I want all of the DaD to take part in it. That said, I'm still very pleased that we have so many participants for the DaD's Secret Santas event.

And now, if you'd allow me to, let me iterate something of utmost importance, because I'm not sure if anybody's fully aware, yet I do need to stress it to ensure this event is played out as good as it can so everybody can enjoy it while it lasts:

Remember, people. You have until tonight to retire if you feel like you can't compromise yourself to be someone's Secret Santa. Please, think it over and make sure you'll be able to participate. I don't care if you think your gift will suck, that's not what is important. The important thing is that every participant, on the 25th, has to receive an X-mas present from their Secret Santa. So, while the names haven't been assigned, please make sure you're fully okay with this and that you'll go through without faltering in the middle.

You wouldn't like it if somebody decided it'd be fun to quit mid-event and that that somebody happened to be your Secret Santa, right? That'd mean you'd be left out, and that wouldn't be very nice from that person. So that's why you also gotta think about others and commit to this community event so every participant, you included, can enjoy it to its fullest.

Another thing: This is the golden rule of the event (Side by side with "Do your best/The thought is what counts")... Secrecy.

Yes, please. Even if you're best friends with the person, even if you hold an inmeasurable amount of respect/love for that friend who's asking and pestering you with "Tell me who ya got! Tell me who ya got!", please don't tell them. The person's name you will secretely be handed by me has to remain a secret from EVERYBODY. Nobody can tell anybody who their person's name is. That would absolutely ruin the game, for everyone. Please hold onto it until the gifts are delivered on the 25th. Okay? Don't do it for me, do it for every participant. I'll keep mum about them all too, so don't ask, either.

With all that said, I'm sure I'm not missing anything else. Just remember these three things:

Commitment, Perseverance and Secrecy.

Thanks!

Oh, and I hope we get more participants!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I'm still in. ^_^. I'll start on the idea of my gift right now actually! So yayz. Though I said "Idea" I'll wait though to. Cause I gotta see who I get. I gotta make sure I match they're "Liking" of they're gift. : P I love giving.
Sorry for the double post, just wanted to say:

THE ASSIGNMENTS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED! Check your PM inboxes, your person's name shall arrive soon!

Other than that, please remember, secrecy. So shh. Only you can know who your person is.

Oh, and a pointer about gifts:

Please, when they are done, simply write, as a title for the file/link: "To: [insertyourpersonsnamehere]". It must not have a remitent, meaning it can't say, for instance: "From Dorothy, to DMX." It has to simply say: "To DMX." <- Example.

That way, the anonimosity will remain and nobody will know who their Secret Santa is until after the gifts are received and enjoyed.

Oh, also. There's a last minute participant who apparently couldn't come sign in here. senjuro's gonna take part in the event as well, so I added him to the list, just letting you guys know. There's 20 Secret Santas, and 20 gifts for X-mas! Best of luck to everybody!

I'm now sending PMs.

Edit: All 20 PMs have been sent! If you haven't received your person's name please contact me PRIVATELY and I'll tell you. Thanks! And I wish, again, best of luck to everyone! :3
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Annnnnd I took 9 hours on working on the gift. I got it done. So now I shall hold it until the 25.
Actually, Ryan, you've to upload it and send the link to me. That's how it'll be delivered with anonymousity.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(12-06-2009 10:16 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: Actually, Ryan, you've to upload it and send the link to me. That's how it'll be delivered with anonymousity.

Alright man. I'll send it to you now.
So could we know the total that joined this? I have seen only a bigger list on Deviant art and FA (+60) and the secret santa thing I saw was to 2 people out of the group so it made it more fun, and one option to give someone on that list of your choice something ;3 .
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
If you'd read DMX's posts, you'd see that 20 people volunteered for this.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Quote:Edit: All 20 PMs have been sent! If you haven't received your person's name please contact me PRIVATELY and I'll tell you. Thanks! And I wish, again, best of luck to everyone! :3

There you go.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad