Join our server on Discord

About Venin (v.2)...
I've been here for almost two years, and I've been a furry for even less, and my character STILL changes day by day. The best thing you can do is throw shit against the wall and see what sticks.

In other words, what MP2E said. Trial and error. Find what you think will be cool, try it out, if it doesn't work, go back and try again.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Here's a piece of advice when making a character: stick with a specific element and work your way up from there. Avoid making a character that is a one size fits all, or an "everything on the menu".
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Menu isn't a good choice of words with Mar around :3

Also, TC, your profile will look a lot sweeter if you abide by a correct reported speech. In other words, try to check if what you're writing makes any sense time-wise at all. I see you shifting between Present and Past so much it becomes a rather tedious job to keep myself glued to reading it with interest!

That said, I didn't read it all, but what Lost Requiem adviced you to do is pretty much how the job is done, yet it's not limited to that. A character may also be useful in two or three areas, but adding more and more attributes to them just starts making them boring. Balance is the key to making a good character <3

That's why my fursona can't take the bus or fit inside a car, too!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
So, let's see if I interpreted this right...I sorta get what you mean by working my way up, and when I read the advice, my first thought was: Get rid of all the "special attacks" and start off with the weapons only. Is that what you had in mind, or is it alright if I were to keep one or two specials? If so, what would you recommend. Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, this kinda thing is a first for me. Other than that, I understand everything else, thanks for helping.

Now you see me...now you don't.
[Image: assassin.jpg]
[Image: assassins-creed-2.jpg]

The innocent will be spared, the guilty will be killed.
Sacrifices will be made, benefits will be gained.
I am Venin; all opposed will fall to my blade.
Creative Minds
Veemon's Followers
Forget about any complex stuff. Think of this as a Proportion.

More Good/Bad things for your Character = More things to explain and to connect.

With this simple identity, all you have to keep a straight record of is if everything you're giving or taking from your character is in perfect balance. The least distance you have from the balance, the better your character will look like.

i.e:

Character A has Super Strength, Super Speed and has Telepathy. He was reborn as a super-human with all of that due to being exposed to various accidents in his life which were related to experiments on the human genome.

You don't even have to note any cons. That thing is roughly what I'd call decent.

Character B can Teleport at will, can reshape himself, can reshape matter, can control the elements and is able to jump into space and float around without suffering a horrible death. He's that awesome because he endured training at some random temple with an equally awesome teacher. <- Bogus.

Out of i.e:

Your character really can be anything and have as many powers and/or attacks as you want, but you needn't forget that the more you use is the more you gotta give.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
One quick question; I put myself in the lemon I'm in the process of making, where does it go on this site? I'm making sure now so I don't randomly get moved again. By the way, if ya haven't already noticed I've updated this thread, so how is it now?

Creative Minds
Veemon's Followers
Might check later.

If you have Original Work just post it in the forum that says Original Fiction. That's all really. Author's Domain may work too, but we tend to accept Digimon-related stuff there.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
It IS Digimon-related, I just put myself, as Venin, in it, made a plot, and now I'm ready to start writing. It's just that I'd like my profile to be decent enough because this will tell who I am exactly as Venin. Like I said, it's a Digimon-related plot that I whipped out from brainstorming. So that's why I'm asking if it's decent enough to you now.

Creative Minds
Veemon's Followers
He does it like I do. Put the character into a situation. Kinda like the show itself.
Yeah, kinda like that. So, while I'm at it, what do you think of this updated version, MP2E?

Creative Minds
Veemon's Followers