Join our server on Discord

Heavenly Retribution. Mk.2.
Hikari chose the middle seat, folding her sleeves into her lap.

'Mahjong has always been my preferred game, but i see how chess illustrates your point. However, if we are indeed the pawns, and i would make the assumption that the black king represents yourself, then are we to believe that you deem us capable of overthrowing you? Unless, of course, you are an entity entirely beyond our small chessboard? I would ask you to explain your intentions more clearly, as i have never been one for metaphors.' The woman said calmly, placing one slender hand on Ada's leg briefly, understanding her companion's frustration.

all i ever wanted was the world.

"Oh what a wonderful irony this is. Chess has always been my favorite and now I am represented as one piece in the game" Sinistra rolled his eyes and then he seated down on the still available seat. Crossing his arms gently, he took a look at the chessboard and then at Infini waiting to see what else would he show to them all.
[Image: KuranKaname1.png]
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
The phantom hound's eyes followed the moving pieces, observing everything that happened. soon, he was panting from the exertion of trying not to pounce the chessboard. "Does the black king represent you then?" Baskerville asked, tilting his head curiously before shaking it. "I think you're something much more than any king..." He said, looking up at Infini. "If we are the four champions... then black king is our fate. If we defeat the black king, then we are no longer following the preset path of that fate, but our own. And you... you are the Grandmaster, the player. You've been planning this all from the beginning, haven't you?" He asked. No anger or shock laced his tone, only innocent curiosity and simple interest.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
"Hmhmhmhm..." Infini chuckled, looking down at the group, "I'm afraid you're quite misled." Infini said, "The game is over. And there were only two sides. One side lost everything, while the other said kept five pieces..." he said, putting emphasis on five as he spoke.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
The red witch continued to scowl from across the room as she became rather impatient with Infini's games. "Very well, why don't you tell us what it means since you're so eager?" Adrienne tried to keep herself calm though the magical aura she felt was making her rather comfortable and tense. She noticed Hikari's hand against her leg, the vixen turning and giving her a soft smile as she calmed down a little thanks to the comforting touch. She laid back in her seat and waited to hear just how the albino child viewed the chess battle they had witnessed.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
"Oh." Baskerville said simply. "I'm very confused then. I only know of three other companions aside from me, but that only makes four, unless you count Mr. Piggy. Hm. I wonder how that porker is..." He said the last sentence as if he was wondering it out loud.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
"What's the meaning beyond the fifth chess piece on the board?" Sinistra rested a hand on his chin while thinking over the matter. He sensed there was indeed a meaning behind all that, but for some reason he wasn't finding it out by himself, which definately was frustrating and gave him an headache.
[Image: KuranKaname1.png]
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
'Perhaps you mean to tell us that you have been on our side this whole time? Backing our campaigns and allowing us to reach you here? Otherwise, i know not of this entity, our apparent king. I do know, however, that whoever, or whatever this white king represents, has not aided us in any way, despite being on our side. Our accomplishments were by our own hands, rendering this fifth piece redundant.' Hikari said, the faintest touch of annoyance fleeting across her serene face.

all i ever wanted was the world.

"Good guess, Hikari." Infini appeared to chuckle again, taunting them further, "That's where the game ends. You four were my pawns, -later champions-, who helped me win the game." He said gleefully, "And that, is why I said you played your parts rather stupendously, guys. Congratulations, your 'king' is satisfied." He said, and appeared to swat against the air, the chessboard disappearing before everybody's eyes, "Now be a good set of pawns and leave, I'd like to plan my next game." He sternly said, and turned around on his pearly chair, which gave its back to the four.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"Oh, okay." Baskerville said, nodding in a gullible manner before he got up, about-faced, and trotted back toward the rift. He turned back to face his companions. "Are you staying to eat some food, masters? He said we helped him and that we were stupendous. I think its a job well done!" He said cheerily, wagging his tail. "...Do we get treats? Oh wait, maybe the steak was the treat! Mm." He smacked his muzzle, recalling the meat the young god had given him.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers