Join our server on Discord

Heavenly Retribution. Mk.2.
She could still feel the dimension weighing down on her slightly, though it was just a minor inconvenience thanks to her own magical aura. "It's manageable, thanks." Ada was a bit befuddled by the youthful entity now sitting on the pearl throne, though she suspected a more maleficent demeanor lay beyond his polite attitude. The vixen folded her arms and waited beside Sinistra while her other comrades had their drink.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
"Yum." The spectral hound wagged his tail and tore into his steak. It was simple, but he appreciated the taste and gesture behind it. After finishing the meat off, he licked his chops and lapped his water up until the pot was dry. Feeling quite fulfilled, Baskerville sat up and faced the otherworldly being directly, head bowed down as if he felt guilty for it. "Thank you for the food and drink, kind host." He murmured. "Forgive my bluntness, but I am a simple and stupid creature far too straightforward for subtlety and lacking the capacity for deception and lies. I've accompanied my companions on the longest walk any dog could ever hope for," He explained, "and now, the road has led us here. May I ask who you are, and where this is?" He asked, tilting his head to the right, questioningly.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Hikari gave a small, refreshed sigh, setting down her cup apon the table.

'I too would hear your story, as you are obviously not like anything we have encountered before and i doubt any one of us would mistake to assume that you are not a being of power and design far exceeding our own. Having travelled further than most of our species deign to imagine, i admit myself curious of you and your intentions.' The priestess said, her voice steady and light, her eyes serene, yet flashing with resolve.

all i ever wanted was the world.

"Were I to say my name to you, you wouldn't be able to understand" The ominous child said, swatting at the air with one of hands suggestively, "You may call me Infini. And this... is the true Seraphic Gate." He revealed, leaning forwards as he looked over at the four, "I trust the lot of you found amusement in destroying that fake copy which attempted to mimic my creation." He said, both of his eyes closing gently, as if he was trying to smile.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"I understand, I won't understand." Baskerville agreed, nodding once in compliance. "You say the Seraphic Gate we destroyed was a mere replica, and this is the real one?" The hound asked, trotting around the room and examining the floor and walls, sniffing around before returning to where he was when he first entered the area, convinced that this was indeed the real Seraphic Gate without any real way of telling how. He chose instead to trust Infini, sitting down before his throne again. "May we destroy it please?"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
After hearing Infini's response, the vixen gave an peeved groan. "Oh yes, because wasting time is such a delight," remarked Ada in a rather sarcastic tone. After all the trials their party had endured, it was clear the vixen's patience had begun to erode. Her instincts told her it was only a matter of time until something occurred, but she continued to wait with her steely green eyes trained on Infini. "Excuse me for being blunt, but just what are you planning to do, Infini? As a god, I imagine you've been watching us the whole time and yet you allowed us to come this far, why?"
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
"Blunt assumption, Adrienne" the boy stammered, "I suppose you could say I allowed you all to come, yes. But only because I was unable to foresee your heart's content with the destruction of Ignus' kingdom would wane so easily, and curiosity would eat your souls so." He seemed to sigh, and turned over to Baskerville, "You cannot destroy it. If you try to, the room will devour you, doggy." He explained, and thanks to the lack of any sarcastic tone, the warning seemed pure and honest.

The god twirled one of his fingers in air, offering three seats for the rest, while producing a small cushion for the canine. "You all wish to know my intentions, correct? Otherwise, you would not have graced me with your uninvited prescences. Very well then, you've played your roles far too well for me not to grant you such a wish." He seemed to smile again, as a large, broad table sprung from the ground, looking like a chessboard-pattern from where a lone white king emerged at its original place along with a black king on the opposite side. "Do you guys like chess?" he said, waving a hand in the direction of the chess board. Four white pawns appeared in front of the white king, and a complete army of black pieces filled the opposite side. "We can resume my 'intentions' in this game."
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
"I prefer checkers myself, at least above a rigged game of chess." Ada took a closer look at the situation on the game board and felt almost insulted by what Infini was implying through the number of chess pieces given. "Four little pawns and their king against an entire army...my, what a clever metaphor," the vixen declared with fresh sarcasm. She took a seat on the furthest left chair and waited for her comrades to take their places as well. As much as she hated to admit it, curiosity was eating at her spirit and demanding an answer to help satiate it's never ending appetite. Taking another look at the extra large chessboard and the apparently smiling Infini, a scowl crept across Ada's muzzle as she thought to herself. Our lives are just a game to you, aren't they?
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
"Oh. Okay." Baskerville replied simply, accepting the young god's statement without the slightest bit of suspicion or doubt. The phantom canine noticed the cushion and circled it twice before sitting down on it contently. He paid attention to the chessboard with great interest. He was familiar with chess. He used to sit and watch his former master teach his son how to play, and then have matches with each other later on. Baskerville knew what each chess piece was and what they did at the very least. "There are four white pieces... do they represent us, Infini?" He asked curiously. "If they do, may I ask who the black and white kings are?"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
"Why, I think it's fairly obvious." Infini retorted, both kings staying in place as the pieces started to move, the pawns sticking together and eliminating each opposing piece save for the Black King. Whereas the White King never moved, the Black King attempted to confront the four mighty pawns, albeit this caused said pieces to reach the end of their road, eventually turning into four champions and completely surrounding the adjacent spaces of the Black King's position, who fell. "If you go back to your journey from the start to its end, you'll find the answer to that." Only the White King and the Four Champions remained atop the table.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad