Join our server on Discord

Poll: What do you like to do before starting a New Game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nothing, man, I wanna play! Start already!
25.00%
4 25.00%
Wait and see all the Intros available before starting.
31.25%
5 31.25%
Browse through Options to see if there's any setting I should change beforehand.
12.50%
2 12.50%
All of the above!
18.75%
3 18.75%
Other; explain below.
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

So, you got yourself a new game!
Lol, well Mian, based on that insight, maybe I was really lucky, because I was pretty independant of any spoiling and/or helping material any gaming manual could offer. Yay!!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(04-24-2009 10:52 PM)DragonMasterX Wrote: In Odin Sphere, one of the Options was to switch the VA'ing for dialogues from US to JPN (Right, Unknown?)
How/why would I know?

(04-25-2009 01:59 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: I actually have only seen two Instruction manuals in all my life, they were in english, and I was seven/eight years old; suffice it to say, I loved the pictures of the characters, but I could understand nothing. The two manuals were from Super Mario World and Super Street Fighter II for Super Nintendo. Sigh. Original stuff is always so costy here in Argentina, that's why I can only resort to buying bootlegged versions of... pretty much everything, and that causes me to never get manuals! ><

Actually, you know, boo me, because until like a year or two ago, I never knew ALL games, even PSX ones, came with gaming manuals. Leave it to a third-class country to pirate, arr!
That may explain why the other person I know from there ROMs her games.

(04-25-2009 07:08 AM)Mian Wrote: I don't get people who read manuals, and leaving it is just wierd! I just wanna play already!
Because. I want to know how to play.
Quote:How/why would I know?

lol, I meant how I shortened "Japanese" into "JPN". Last time you chewed on me because of using "JAP" instead :P

Quote:That may explain why the other person I know from there ROMs her games.

<.<

>.>

I don't use ROMs. *Deletes multiple folders at once* And there's no evidence of it, neither circumstancial proof to prove it! BWAHAHAHA!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Ok thank you.
And Yeah. She says she has them.
(04-25-2009 01:22 PM)UnknownH Wrote:
(04-25-2009 07:08 AM)Mian Wrote: I don't get people who read manuals, and leaving it is just wierd! I just wanna play already!
Because. I want to know how to play.
Fair point, but you could just as easily learn them as you play, it's more that way.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Yah. A good game is usually built so you can learn quickly just through trying. Only terribly designed games force you to check out a manual or learn the specifics any way other than experience, a manual is just there as an option usually as it should be. Which is much better.
[Image: imevilz.jpg]
Learning how to play is for Arcade games. I bought the game so I'm going to read the book.
That's a good explanation, and I can reference it to the days my town used to have an Arcade. I'd spend hours making acquantices so they'd teach me every special move for my favorite King of Fighters '97 characters! Man those were happy days. Can't forget about Metal Slug either! I didn't rest wasting credits until I could beat that one and Snow Bros. with only 1 credit!

You know, now that I think about it, when my mother used to take me out when she went shopping and I was little I used to spend a lot of times in the arcades, even when I didn't have money for credits (Most of the time I didn't), I always got pulled into liking games because of their demo plays and the "How to play" screens, haha. Now I'm feeling nostalgic... damn you Unknown!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
You see. I'm right.
I usually like to watch the intro first before playing. The only exception is if it's an RPG in which case I look into the options after the intro to see if I can increase message speed. Unless it's a boss battle, I hate prolonged battles.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions