Join our server on Discord

Poll: What do you like to do before starting a New Game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nothing, man, I wanna play! Start already!
25.00%
4 25.00%
Wait and see all the Intros available before starting.
31.25%
5 31.25%
Browse through Options to see if there's any setting I should change beforehand.
12.50%
2 12.50%
All of the above!
18.75%
3 18.75%
Other; explain below.
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

So, you got yourself a new game!
What do you do then? I myself always wait to see if it has any extra Intros you can watch that are triggered when you leave your Title Screen idle for a minute or two. Then I go browse through Options before selecting New Game. JUST THEN I decide to start with a game! What about you all? Give examples of your favorite games too if you want!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I just start playing :P
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
I'm with AWL, i hit the ground running with no knowledge of controls or story. I like plundering into the unknown, it's like married sex only without the whiny excuses about headaches.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
It all depends on the intro for me. Most games, I'll just mash buttons to get to the main screen so I can play, but, if the intro is exceptionally badass, I'll watch it all and see if there's more. Two examples are Gran Turismo 4 and Shellshock: 'Nam 67.

GT4 had the exceptional walk-around of the GT4-Spec Ford GT LM-Race Car, set to the song Moon Over The Castle(check that song out, man. It kicks so much ass for a classical song.), that fades into gameplay shots, and the song Panama by Van Halen. Really cool intro.

SSN67, has this cool, historically-accurate intro, explaining what happened during Vietnam, with pictures of B-52 Bombers bombing, and it fades into the start screen playing the song Who Do You Love, by some obscure band. I really dig it.

Most of the time, though, I'm too impatient and I just wanna start playing.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
lol, trust me, I've dealt with 'people being impatient' all the time when I test out a new game. And most of the times it annoys me, I mean, sure, I respect they wanna start with the game already, but man, some intros are really well worked! For example, I remember when I was a kid and my cousin, as impatient as he was, disliked intros heartily, but when we saw MegaMan X6's intro after I asked, we were held with our jaws drop at its awesomeness.

That's somewhere where I can relate with you Cowboy, it depends on the game, but I generally watch any intro at least once before beggining a game :P
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I tend to watch intros. I'm a sucker for intros! Mostly because I want to get into the plot and well... a LOT of those intros are the best part of the games!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
All and read the book first. I say this so much.
Watch any intro and then game on.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Well first I would watch the full length of the intro, sometimes let it play twice to see if the intro changes (Have seen some games do that). I watch all of them if they have more then one, tweak all my options for screen and sound. If its a game that requires a run through tutorial, I do that, and then its game on.
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I like to check the options and settings, then start the game, watching all cut-scenes and such and just going through the game without skipping anything. Keeps me in the mood to keep playing.
[Image: 2hrn80k.jpg][Image: 25hpq38.gif]
The Mod Squad
The OCA