Join our server on Discord

Poll: What do you like to do before starting a New Game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nothing, man, I wanna play! Start already!
25.00%
4 25.00%
Wait and see all the Intros available before starting.
31.25%
5 31.25%
Browse through Options to see if there's any setting I should change beforehand.
12.50%
2 12.50%
All of the above!
18.75%
3 18.75%
Other; explain below.
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

So, you got yourself a new game!
On first play, I watch the introduction to the game. Then I go to options and make sure if there's anything like Preferences or Controls I need to change. (eg. Voice Acting, if there's the option to listen to the original Japanese audio (Like in Mana Khemia), I'll set it to that). Then any point onwards, I'll just rush to the Load Game and play. On first playthrough, I never skip any cutscenes. I want to know the storyline, plot or anything within the game. On any further playthrough I'll skip because I know what happens (unless it's a REALLY EPIC cutscene)
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Yeah, I can also relate with that stuff about VAs. In Odin Sphere, one of the Options was to switch the VA'ing for dialogues from US to JPN (Right, Unknown?) and viceversa. In some games, like Chrono Trigger DS, you also have the choice to enable or disable anime cutscenes (Don't know why in the world someone would skip awesome cinematics drawn by Akira Toriyama, is beyond me, but whatever) or change game modes. It's always nice to have a small heads up of what you're on with!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I generally browse and change options. I HATE it when vertical aiming is not inverted and when crouch is on toggle, for example. Or if I feel the default button layout is shifty. Or if the difficulty is on normal/medium.

I also like to watch intros, particularly if they're good (ie. L4D, Assassin's Creed, etc.). The development team put a lot of time and effort into them, and I like to spend time enjoying their hard work if it's really shiny stuff.

I also like to read the instruction manuals.
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

Depends entirely on the type of the game albeit I do check options first. If it's something like racing game I pass all cutscenes. Why do they even make plot for game like Need For Speed?
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
(04-24-2009 11:57 PM)MISTER BIG T Wrote: Depends entirely on the type of the game albeit I do check options first. If it's something like racing game I pass all cutscenes. Why do they even make plot for game like Need For Speed?

Yeah, I've always wondered the same thing.

I love the intros to most games, like the Soul Caliber series or the Tales of Symphonia intro.
[Image: untitled.jpg]

I am a complete idiot who should LOG OUT when he leaves~!! XD
Quote:I also like to read the instruction manuals.

I actually have only seen two Instruction manuals in all my life, they were in english, and I was seven/eight years old; suffice it to say, I loved the pictures of the characters, but I could understand nothing. The two manuals were from Super Mario World and Super Street Fighter II for Super Nintendo. Sigh. Original stuff is always so costy here in Argentina, that's why I can only resort to buying bootlegged versions of... pretty much everything, and that causes me to never get manuals! ><

Actually, you know, boo me, because until like a year or two ago, I never knew ALL games, even PSX ones, came with gaming manuals. Leave it to a third-class country to pirate, arr!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(04-24-2009 08:00 AM)Angewomons_Lover Wrote: I just start playing :P

Agreed...and start using action replay and on most games is like hella long stories so I was like screw it I'll just cheat my way and hav fun. But I'll watch the intros, but if the intro has bad opening music that I don't like, then screw it.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
I leave it in the wrapper for months on end if I don't want to play it incentively off the bat. Gives it a nice familiar and warm fuzzy new feeling as when I first got the thing when I finally get it out of the wrapper. ^^ I set options to the highest difficulty alloted, watch any intros and sit through it to a part it gets boring or I finish the game.

But man, certain intros such as Persona 4's are so awesome they almost take over the game. Also, on Tatsunoko vs Capcom, I can't stand or help but to sit through an entire intro every single time I turn it on. Its just so cool.
[Image: imevilz.jpg]
(04-24-2009 11:57 PM)MISTER BIG T Wrote: Depends entirely on the type of the game albeit I do check options first. If it's something like racing game I pass all cutscenes. Why do they even make plot for games like Need For Speed?
Well, because sometimes the games need a good plot for it to kick ass with. For instance, Most Wanted had a story revolving around losing your car to a prick, and spending you time racing your way back up a list of bosses to get it back. Also, with police elements thrown into some races, you can have fun crashing into giant bilboards and watching the rubble destroy the chasing police cars. Midnight Club on the other hand, i'll grant you on that occasion; MC has been, as far as i know and as far as plot's concerned, just racing cars.

I tend to watch some intros, if they're good. Command and Conquer Generals had a good opening, so did RA2. but when C&C3 came, i just was bored of the cutscenes because they were clipped into the trailers before it was released.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Usually, the intros that play when you leave it at the title screen or whatever are the same intros that play when you start a new game, and you're usually forced to watch 'em that way anyway.

I don't get people who read manuals, and leaving it is just wierd! I just wanna play already!

all i ever wanted was the world.