Join our server on Discord

Please, enlighten me on this...
That's the same thing as saying what street you live on. I live in Delaware.(which is a state, and I wouldn't tell people, but I've already told some people on Xbox Live, so why not.)
FDD swm 1dfrsw A C-- D-- H M- P R+++ T++++ W Z- sm S

Creative Minds
The OCA
I'm a little late on this one, but it's not just that they're dumb; they're insecure. Most teens are too afraid to form their own opinions and personalities out of fear of isolation. They're not entirely incorrect to think that way. I know as someone who was isolated; it sucks. It comes down to what's more important: being yourself or having "friends."
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
After reinforcing my understanding of the word, I can now say I isolate myself. I ignore people all day, everyday at my school, to the point I only really notice the teachers.

Just to make sure, isolation is when a person in ignored, and left alone with no one caring, right?

Here's something that's kinda irritating, but I'm sure the answer is simple. Why do teens say the word 'like' so often? I totally lose my mind if I hear someone say that word...and while on the topic of teen's word choice, why do they invent slang words?

Being a teen myself, I find it pretty odd how I understand none of what teens do at all.

Creative Minds
The OCA
Quote:Why do teens say the word 'like' so often?
It goes back to what I said about them being insecure. They can't state opinions or events definitely, so they add "like" to make them less concrete and make themselves less adherent to what they've said... or it could just be because that's how everyone else speaks.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
It could be both. In my country, there was a time (At around when I was 16) lots of girls my age tended to say: "Tipo que" before saying anything. Here's the fun fact: "Tipo que" translates to "Like" in English. I doubt that's coincidence.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(04-16-2009 09:49 AM)Aura Wrote: Here's something that's kinda irritating, but I'm sure the answer is simple. Why do teens say the word 'like' so often?

Wise hit it, but some people don't grow out of it. I work with a 25 year old female who still says it all the time, whether she's stating opinion or fact. And yes, it makes her sound really stupid...especially when she says something such as: "All the other kids in my class are like, not as good as me, so I tell the teacher, like please don't put others with me because they like slow me down, and I'm fine on my own. It's like, not fun for me." So yeah, it takes a whole three likes before I just stop listening.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
A 25 year old talks like that? Well, I can't imagine how annoying being around a person like that...

Well....I think I'm outta gripes for now. Oh well, it was good to get some stress and questions off my mind. The responses that attempted to answer my questions were, in my opinion, insightful, thank you.

Creative Minds
The OCA
(04-16-2009 02:32 PM)Aura Wrote: A 25 year old talks like that? Well, I can't imagine how annoying being around a person like that...

Yeah, I just started to notice it, see her maybe once or twice every two weeks at work, and it grates like nails on a chalk board.

Anyhow, good luck dealing with the crazys!

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade