Join our server on Discord

Please, enlighten me on this...
Please understand, I know not everyone in the world is like this, but the slobs in my town are.
Alright, I'm in high school, and after nearly two years of being around these things, I still do not understand(I must have some kind of problem), what is the point of cliques? Why are they formed? And why are they so god damned condescending to outsiders?

I walk past a group of people, give a brief glance, and they'll start picking a fight, making empty threats just to look better to their friends.

The next thing I don't understand, why do teens(where I live) care so much about what people think about them? There is not a single person in my school who breaks away from wearing brand name clothes that are over priced. Everyday, if you look as hard as you possibly can, every visible article of their clothing in embroidered with the insignia of a leading brand name that is widely accepted as 'cool' in my school.

Here's a good one. Why must my classmates steal? They brag about stealing, all they can talk about is stealing, like it's cool, or something....probably is to them. There is absolutely nothing to brag about if you're stealing their money, or notebook. I mean, come on, in certain classes, a neat, organized notebook is required to get a good grade, and good grades usually lead to a good job, so in some cases, taking someone's notebook is like taking their job.

Sex is the number one topic in my school. All the guys at my school do is brag about how 'big' they are, and during class, even talk about masturbation. Hell, they'll even take off their pants during class. They even have sex in school. Back stage, in the class room, bathroom, outside, anywhere.

Then, there's the rumors that scatter around this hell that I call school. For some unprecedented reason, nearly every student in the school thought I was gonna bring in a gun and shoot everyone down....what's up with that? Then people think I'm dating somebody....from my school? No, never, that will NEVER happen, as far as I am concerned, every student that goes to my school utterly worthless. Anywhere you look, rumors are forming and getting spread, it's maddening.

Every single one of them just care about everyone else's opinions, keeping up with the fashion, making rumors, and sex. Is there something wrong with me, or is there something wrong with them?
FDD swm 1dfrsw A C-- D-- H M- P R+++ T++++ W Z- sm S

Creative Minds
The OCA
People your age are just like that. By not fitting in and being a bit of a pariah, you're actually defining yourself by your own merits instead of what group you fit into. Personally, I think that's an admirable way to be. Don't worry, as you get older, you'll find people who share similar interests and outlooks with yourself and forget all about how stupid and clique-y highschool is.
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

It could be that they're all idiots. But that's how we are at that age.
Well, cliques are formed for a pretty simple reason. A lot of teens, and younger individuals, feel insecure about who they are. Therefore they group up with people they feel are similar to them and take comfort in the fact that they have friends who are like them. This usually leads to the stereotypical responses to other cliques (such as the preppy girls usually have the same taste in guys, so they all go for jocks, and not nerds, who they usually all feel less than enthusiastic about.

As for the other stuff, it has a lot to do with your area of living. In my school it was kids bragging about the coolest material possesions they got (because a lot of kids had rich parents), or drugs. If kids in your area primarily get cool things by stealing, they'll brag about it to get respect from others who make similar actions. The danger is that they will one up each other and eventually will get caught, so it'll be fun for you to see that.

And for the sex, well it's high school, people are discovering their sexuality and playing around with it because we live in a fairly morally bankrupt society. And the stories you aren't hearing are the STDs that go around with all that sex they brag about. Also, I would venture a guess that a lot of them aren't getting the sex they claim they are and are just trying to fit in.

See the only "problem" with being as wise as you are to the whole no one elses opinion actually matters if you're happy with yourself, is that you don't get into those groups and it makes you look like an outsider and therefore they attack because it's different from their expectations. But kudos to you on getting above the high school drama.

It's human nature to want to be accepted, a lot of people do whatever they can to do so, especially in the teen years.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
It's only gotten worse and worse since 5th grade, where this all started, I'm hoping it won't follow this pattern after high school. Then it'd be mind-numbingly unbearable.

Although, me looking at high school like this may be a bad sign, even though it's generally a good thing, I mean, 99% of the people are that way at my school. I can't help thinking that I may have a mental problem, or a hormone problem.(although, if I don't, I'll probably have a mental problem of some kind before graduation.)

I most certainly do NOT have the human nature of wanting acceptance of others, and if I had to do anything like what they do at my school to gain acceptance, I'd rather choose to live by myself until the day I died.

People know how I think about them at my school, know how much I truly and purely dislike them, but somehow, I've become well-known, and a kind of 'celebrity' in the school, getting a lot of unwanted attention.

Creative Minds
The OCA
My high school was like this, too. Almost everybody was like this. "OH I GOT DRUNK LAST NIGHT, IT WAS GREAT. I HAD SEX, I LASTED FOR FIVE WHOLE MINUTES. I TOLD THE TEACHER OFF, I'M BAD ASS."

These people are morons, and nothing else. Unfortunately, this WILL continue on after high school. First it'll start up at college, and then you'll have to listen to how many times they got laid the week before while they bag your groceries, or salt your fries.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
That sucks...well, they're the future of the town/state, so I can't say I wouldn't expect that. It gets really annoying and pathetic after 5 whole years of listening to the same things over and over again. I must say, they fights are fun to watch, it's a public display of their brutality, and nobody wins.

Creative Minds
The OCA
Oh yes this is horrible...of course in my high school there are gangsters, 'Yep gangsters' and people doing rap and curses and smoking and a few of them doing drugs.

Of course for stealing, stealing could lead up to jail, I mean almost literally in jail well ya you could get jail anyways for being caught stealing.

As for sex...sex is very risky, Genital herpies, STDS, HIV'S, and many other diseases you can pass on with another person. Sex isn't something you can brag out about outside I mean c'mon sure the t.v. shows tell sex is great and all that but THAT is just TV.

Fighting there's 2 kinds, playful fighting*one that playfully fights gentally* and the ...um you know that actual fights. And pretty much most of them people are self-centered when their teens. But in college you see people being mature and getting a job is serious.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Teens....bragging about sex? That just tells people who know the risks to stay away, who knows what they got from those other sex partners.

Oh, I got another thing to complain about that just came to mind. In my Health class, a student asked the teacher "Why do adults think that Teen love is only hormones, and not fueled by any love at all?". I can't believe that kid actually asked that. I mean, as far as my fellow classmates are concerned, they are walking time bombs of hormone-fueled evil. Teens prove to others their love by repetitive kissing in hallways, and holding hands. Now, the holding hands part is understood, and it's reasonable, but kissing everyday at scheduled times? It's a school, you're there to learn, not to advertise how deep you are into a relationship, or if you're in one at all.

It seems to me that they wanna be more adult-like....which is a cliche', but still. Why would anyone want to age faster? I'd much rather stay 13 or 14 all my life, graduate at 14, and live to see the end of the world...or die just before life on Earth gets difficult, whther it be because of pollution, anarchy, or whatever. Anyway, as painful as it sounds, getting older is just getting closer to your death, why would they wanna speed it up?

Yes, I know teens wanna drive cars and have adult responsibility, but I'm pretty sure those two things get really old really fast.

Creative Minds
The OCA
(04-14-2009 12:36 PM)Aura Wrote: as far as I am concerned, every student that goes to my school utterly worthless.
I'm in your school, asshole.
I tracked you using your IP and my own skills, and I thought you'd be different.