Join our server on Discord

ALERT! - Conficker Virus
Which is why I'm glad I'm on a phone. Danger© Operating System, ftw. Only windows-based PCs are infectable, so I'm not worried. Not until I buy a PC, which is several months away(no offense to ANYONE, but I feel Macs are only for people who are too dumb/lazy to run a simple defrag program. Honestly. Routine maintenance aint that bad, people.)
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
(04-02-2009 11:09 AM)Cowboy From Hell Wrote: Which is why I'm glad I'm on a phone. Danger© Operating System, ftw. Only windows-based PCs are infectable, so I'm not worried. Not until I buy a PC, which is several months away(no offense to ANYONE, but I feel Macs are only for people who are too dumb/lazy to run a simple defrag program. Honestly. Routine maintenance aint that bad, people.)

I prefer a mac for Graphics. I can maintane windows. If you want proof on that i have been running windows for 12 years of my life. >_< Worst years ever!
(04-02-2009 11:09 AM)Cowboy From Hell Wrote: Which is why I'm glad I'm on a phone. Danger© Operating System, ftw. Only windows-based PCs are infectable, so I'm not worried. Not until I buy a PC, which is several months away(no offense to ANYONE, but I feel Macs are only for people who are too dumb/lazy to run a simple defrag program. Honestly. Routine maintenance aint that bad, people.)

Actually, with Vista, you can schedule an automatic defrag.

And I only use Macs for Photoshop. They are way to expensive for their functionality, which isn't a whole lot.

Oh, great. AWL's gonna reply to this now. *Prepares for the chewing out*
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Mac is really cool as far as functionality and things work, but it's hardware is much worse than windows. The only reason they keep up is because their OS is so damn efficient!
Hardware? Lol :P

Microsoft doesn't make PC hardware, they just make the OS. Apple actually makes their own hardware. So, you're comparing Apple's hardware to other companies' hardware. (IE, Intel, Compaq, Hewlett-Packard (now known as HP) and all those others.)

Also, Cowboy, Defragmentation has nothing to do with viruses. In fact, I haven't de-frag'd at all in Mac (seeing as there's no way to) And I've had no problems whatsoever. I think that pretty much means Defragmentation is useless. I also never Defrag'd my old Acer CrapTop, and that never got problems, either.

That on top of being able to go anywhere on the internet and not have to worry about getting virus'd to high hell.

Anyways, I REALLY think this stupid 'virus' is just a joke. If it's "undetectable", then why to so many people have information on how it works? And today IS April Fools Day, the day where you're not supposed to believe anything wacky.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Hey I'm just glad nothing happened! the only thing that came out of this whole conficker thing was that my virus protection got updated so I'm happy
ROLL TIDE BAYBAY  Rena
Renamon's Army
(04-02-2009 12:25 PM)Angewomons_Lover Wrote: Anyways, I REALLY think this stupid 'virus' is just a joke. If it's "undetectable", then why to so many people have information on how it works? And today IS April Fools Day, the day where you're not supposed to believe anything wacky.

Again, this is NOT a joke. It's a well known virus. It's not undetectable on a government computer, as they could probably find the virus and see what it does. A virus isn't something that came out of nowhere, somebody made it.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
Nothing happened. Yeah, shove a sock in your mouth Asesino, it'll taste better than your butt.
Yeah, as far as I've seen, nothing has happened. Any old idiot can take the name of an old virus and say "HEY THIS VIRUS IS GONNA BE RELEASED ON APRIL 1st!!".

Ahhh, April 1st. So much lulz.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Just because nothing happened to you, doesn't mean it didn't happen to someone else. Bet you out there someone's been hit by that virus, (beside me >.<) and could easily just slap you for saying "Because it's on this certain date, it HAS to be a joke!"

Seriously. Parts of it might have been wrong (Because there's no evidence there 'was' an update on the day), but the virus exists, is around, and about. So stop telling people to put a sock in it, and saying that it's all false. Pray-tell you only have the point that there wasn't an outburst of the virus on the day, and that's a fine wire to try and argue on enough as it is. Avast also mentioned on their splash to update it manually to make sure it could scan for the Conficker virus.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds